Red Dead Online comes with a 4 Ability Card Slots – the first one is reserved for the Dead Eye Ability Card, and the other three is reserved for the Passive Ability Cards. We already have a dedicated guide on Red Dead Online Dead Eye Best Ability Card To Unlock First. In this guide, we are going to discuss in detail about Passive Ability Cards in Red Dead Online and which Passive Ability Cards you should unlock first. So let’s get started without wasting any more time.
How To Unlock Passive Ability Cards In Red Dead Redemption 2 Online
The Passive Ability Card Slots unlock at different character levels. The first card slot` will be available at Level 10, the second at Level 20, and the third at Level 40. Furthermore, Passive Ability Cards is further divided into three categories, Combat Abilities, Recover Abilities and Defense Abilities.
Best Combat Ability Cards
There are six Combat Ability Cards in Red Dead Online. You can read all the details about them below.
- Horseman: Unlocks at Level 10. With this ability card, you will be able to do a little more damage while on horseback.
- Necessity Breeds: Unlocks at Level 16. With this ability card, you will be able to do a little more damage when you are very close to death.
- Landon’s Patience: Unlocks at Level 18. It increases the damage if you wait for up to 15 seconds between shots.
- The Short Game: Unlocks at Level 38. With this ability card, you will be able to do more damage on a target that is closer to you, and less damage to the target that is far away.
- Hangman: Unlocks at Level 42. With this ability card, you will be able to choke enemies and damage will be done for every second the enemies are lassoed.
- Winning Streak: Unlocks at Level 48. The consecutive shot at the same enemies does a little more damage.
In my opinion, the Necessity Breeds and the Winning Streak are the best Combat Ability Cards that you should unlock as soon as possible. What are your choices? Let us know in the comment section below.
Best Recovery Ability Cards
There is 6 recovery ability card in Red Dead Online. You can read the details about them below.
- Come Back Stronger: Unlocks at Level 10. With this ability card, your health will start regenerating a little early than usual after you take damage.
- Peak Condition: Unlocks at Level 14. With this ability card, you do a little more damage if your stamina bar is at 75% or above.
- Eye for an Eye: Unlocks at Level 28. This ability card is related to the Dead Eye, Headshots will restore Dead Eye slightly.
- The Gift of Focus: Unlocks at Level 30. This ability card will slightly improve the effect of all items and abilities that restore Dead Eye. The only drawback is that the damage will be a little less.
- Strange Medicine: Unlocks at Level 32. With this ability card, you gain little health by doing damage to your enemies. If not done then it will affect your health. The health regeneration will be at half rate.
- Cold Blooded: Unlocks at Level 36. This gives you a slight health after you kill an enemy (you will get the health over the next five seconds after killing an enemy).
In my opinion Peak Condition and Strange Medicine are the best Recovery Ability Cards in Red Dead Online. What are your choices? Let us know in the comment section below.
Best Defense Ability Cards
- Hunker Down: Unlocks at Level 20. This ability card will come in handy when you have taken a cover, you will take less damage.
- To Fight Another Day: Unlocks at Level 22. This ability card will come in handy when you are sprinting. You will take less damage from bullets while sprinting.
- The Unblinking Eye: Unlocks at Level 26. With this ability card, your Dead Eye and Eagle Eye will drain slowly.
- Take the Pain Away: Unlocks at Level 36. This ability will come in handy when you are reviving someone. You and the player you are reviving will take a less damage for the 8 seconds.
- Of Single Purpose: Unlocks at Level 40. With this ability card, you will take less damage from bullets while using a melee weapon or when you are unarmed.
- Never without One: Unlocks at Level 46. With this ability you will be able to block a headshot from your enemy – you don’t have to do anything, the headshot will be blocked by your hat and it will fell down. If you are not wearing a hat then the damage you take with the headshot will be more than the normal.
Hunker Down and To Fight Another Day are the best Defense Ability Card in Red Dead Online. What are your choices? Let us know in the comment section below.