One of the most exciting things when playing a survival horror like Resident Evil 2 Remake is to have a vast arsenal of weapons and switching them according to the occasion (or use them in a silly way, to have some fun).
In this Resident Evil 2 Remake guide, we help you collect all the weapons, explaining what they are, where to find them and what prerequisites you need to get them.
Resident Evil 2 Remake Weapons Locations
The game includes five weapons for Leon and six for Claire (for a total of 11 different weapons to collect). There are also two extra weapons – a Pistol and an SMG, both with infinite ammo – that you can get after beating challenges at S-Rank on Normal and Hardcore level (Records Menu).
1: W-870 Shotgun (Leon) | GM 79 Grenade Launcher (Claire)
To get these weapons, you have to get the Spade Key (3rd floor). This key lets you have access the east side of the of the 2nd floor.
- Step 1: Enter the Art Room.
- Step 2: Get the keycard that is waiting for you on the table.
- Step 3: Reach the 1st floor and enter the Safety Deposit Room.
- Step 4: Find a secured cabinet and use the keycard.
- Step 5: Get the weapons.
2: Chemical Flamethrower (Leon) – Spark Shot (Claire)
To get these weapons, you have to reach the point where you are supposed to retrieve Queen Plug and King Plug.
- Step 1: Reach the Storage Room in the Lower Sewers
- Step 2: Get the Queen Plug and put it in the right socket (a door will open)
- Step 3: Enter the door and go upstairs
- Step 4: Get the King Plug and use it on the weapon locker door
3: Rocket Launcher (Leon) – Mini Gun (Claire)
These weapons are story-related. You will unlock them only during the final boss fight.
4: M19 Pistol (Leon) – Quickdraw Army Revolver (Claire)
To get these weapons, you have to finish the story and start the B scenarios: you will find them in Guardroom, next to the storage box.
5: Lightning Hawk Magnum (Leon) – MQ 11 SMG (Claire)
To take these weapons, you have to satisfy some prerequisites:
- Step 1: Complete the underground or parking lot segment.
- Step 2: Get the Clubs Key (Leon) or Heart Key (Claire).
- Then you have to obtain a Red Jewel.
How To Get A Red Jewel
- Step 1: Go to the library on the east side of the 2nd floor and get the Red Book
- Step 2: Go to the Art Room (2nd floor) where you will find a statue and his left arm lying on the floor
- Step 3: Combine the left arm with the Red Book
- Step 4: Place it on the statue to get the Sceptre
- Step 5: Examine the Sceptre to take the Red Jewel
- Step 6: At this point, you have to go to the Observation Room and combine the jewel with Jewellery Box (you will get a S.T.A.R.S. badge)
- Step 7: Examine that badge to convert it into a USB drive
- Step 8: Use the USB drive at the computer in the S.T.A.R.S. office to unlock the weapon’s locker and retrieve the weapons
6: JMB Hp3 Laster Sigh Pistol (Claire)
To get this weapon, you have to reach the Parking Garage and enter the Firing Range. Now look for a yellow box and examine it to obtain a Car key. Then look for a police car facing its front towards wall: all you have to do is open its trunk and collect your weapon.
Please note that if you go there with Leon, you will receive an upgrade part for the main pistol.