The most popular platforms to play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare on are PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. While there’s a growing PC scene, consoles still reign supreme with this particular title. As such, many players wonder what the best settings are in order to make the most out of their experience. We’ve compiled a list that will do just that if you’re playing Modern Warfare on console.
A few of these settings will be based on personal preference. Something like your Button and Stick Layouts depends on what you feel most comfortable with. However, there are other settings that you should enable or disable.
- Button Layout: Preference
- Stick Layout: Preference
- Invert Vertical Look: Disabled
- Horizontal Stick Sensitivity: 6-7
- Vertical Stick Sensitivity: 6-7
- ADS Sensitivity Multiplier: .90
- ADS Sensitivity Multiplier (High Zoom): .80
- Aim Response Curve Type: Linear
- Controller Vibration: Disabled
- Aim Assist: Standard
- Weapon Mount Activation: ADS + Melee
- Weapon Mount Movement Exit: Disabled
- Aim Down Sight Behavior: Hold
- Equipment Behavior: Hold
- Use/Reload Behavior: Tap to Reload
- Depleted Ammo Weapon Switch: Enabled
- Slide Behavior: Hold
- Sprint Cancels Reload: Disabled
- Vehicle Camera Reenter: Enabled
Far less extensive than the Controller Settings, General is less important but can still affect gameplay, especially if you have something like Motion Blue enabled.
- Brightness: Preference (Middle ground is better)
- Film Grain: Lower
- World Motion Blur: Disabled
- Weapon Motion Blur: Disabled
Lastly, we have Audio Settings. These almost all come down to preference as everyone has different sound setups. Though, some settings within this menu are proven to work better than others.
- Mute Controller Sound: Enabled
- Audio Mix: Boost
- Music Volume: Lower is better
- Effects Volume: Higher is better
- Hitmarker Sound Effects: MW