Shadow of the Tomb Raider First PC Patch Fixes Critical Issues, Patch Notes Out [18.104.22.168]
Nixxes Software, the developer behind the PC version of Shadow of the Tomb Raider, has just released the first patch for the game on Steam. The update carries fix for some of the critical issues that came up immediately following the early access availability. The patch updates the game to build "22.214.171.124".
It will be applied to by Steam automatically, all you have to do is restart your game. If your game does not update automatically after restarting, then restart the Steam Client. Let's take a look at the critical issues that have been fixed by Nixxes via the first Shadow of the Tomb Raider PC Patch.
Shadow of the Tomb Raider Patch 126.96.36.199 Changelog
- Steam Controller support (and the use of the Steam controller configuration UI) now has to be explicitly enabled in the gamepad options menu.
- This is intended to not have it interfere with the native Xbox 360, XboxOne and PS4 controller support, no matter how Steam is configured.
- We recommend leaving this option disabled unless you intend to use the Steam controller.
- For users using SteamLink, please refer to the fix provided here at step 8 of 'first things to check': LINK.
- Some improvements to photo mode camera control, including bugfixes for when axis-inversion is being used.
- Fix for a helicopter getting stuck in place at high framerates.
- Fix for a texture issue encountered on some machine/setting combinations.
- Improvements to stereoscopic 3D rendering.
- Fix for a problem where the camera could unexpectedly turn away when Lara hangs on a ledge.
- A variety of smaller fixes related to functionality, performance, and stability.
Nixxes expects this patch to improve things for all Shadow of the Tomb Raider PC players, but for those who have trouble with this patch - Nixxes has a temporary workaround for them as well - go back to the older version of the Shadow of the Tomb Raider, the beta build: 230.6 is available on Steam. Here's how to download it:
- Step 1: Right Click on the Shadow of the Tomb in your game library.
- Step 2: Select "Properties".
- Step 3: Navigate to the "BETAS" Tab.
- Step 4: Select the previous build from the BETA drop-down menu.