Fallout 76 Next Two Major Patches Feature Stash Increase, Bulldozer
Bethesda Game Studios has revealed that Fallout 76 will be receiving two major patches on December 4 and 11, 2018.
The patches will be coming with a stash increase from 400 to 600 units, possibly incrementing in the future as soon as the studio ponders the impact of this move on game's stability.
On top of that, there will be a light respec of the SPECIAL abilities and the introduction of a Bulldozer feature in order to get rid of smaller obstacles when building a CAMP.
Here's the full changelog of both the updates.
December 4, 2018
- Stash Limit Increased: We know many of you have been asking for an adjustment to the Stash storage limit, and we're happy to share that we’re increasing it from 400 to 600. While this is somewhat conservative, we plan to increase the storage cap further once we verify that this change will not negatively impact the stability of the game.
- Boss Loot: Players should correctly receive two to three items after taking down a boss, depending on the creature's difficulty and level.
- Cryolator Effects: Players hit with the Cryolator are now Chilled, Frosted, or Frozen depending on how many times they are hit. The duration of movement speed reductions applied by these effects have also been decreased from 2 hours to 30 seconds.
- Respawning When Overencumbered: We've resolved an issue affecting players who die while overencumbered that only allowed them to Respawn at Vault 76. Now, overencumbered players will be able to respawn at the nearest discovered Map Marker.
- Stuck in Power Armor: We've addressed an issue in this patch that could cause players to become stuck inside Power Armor. We’re also aware that there are some additional cases where this can occur, and we are actively investigating them.
December 11, 2018
- PC Additions: A Push-to-Talk setting for Voice Chat, 21:9 resolution support, and a Field of View setting are all being implemented on PC with this update.
- SPECIAL Respec: After level 50, you’ll be able to choose between a new Perk Card, or moving a SPECIAL point you had previously allocated.
- C.A.M.P. Placement on Login: Your C.A.M.P. will no longer be automatically blueprinted and stored if someone is occupying your location when you log into a server. Instead, you’ll receive a notification that your space is occupied. If you decide to find a new home for your C.A.M.P. on that server, it will be free to do so. However, if you don’t attempt to place down your C.A.M.P., you will be able to switch to a new server where that spot is vacant and your C.A.M.P. will be fully assembled and waiting for you.
- Bulldozer: This is a new C.A.M.P. feature that will allow you to remove small trees, rocks, and other obstructions so it’s easier to create and place your C.A.M.P. when and where you want it. You can also "Bulldoze" to clear these items from the surrounding area to make your C.A.M.P. feel more like home!
The team has also granted that future patches will be smaller in size, one of the issues that the community has brought to light after the first couple weighed in at around 50GB.
Looks like more quality of life improvements are on their way and this means that the path leading to additional content is closing in.
Definitely a good news for users, after a new controversy has popped up on the Internet involving the $200 Power Armor Edition.