Star Wars: Battlefront II Celebration Edition Includes the Rise of Skywalker Content
Star Wars: Battlefront II Celebration Edition may have leaked on the Playstation Blog ahead of the official announcement.
The new release of the game could come with a ton of new content, including from the next movie, Rise of Skywalker. Finn, Rey, and Kylo Ren will all make an appearance in the edition as well as over 350 new cosmetic items.
Here is the description from the Playstation Store listing:
“Be the hero in the ultimate STAR WARS™ battle fantasy with STAR WARS™ Battlefront™ II: Celebration Edition! Get STAR WARS Battlefront II and the complete collection of customization content acquirable through in-game purchase from launch up to – and including – items inspired by STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER* when they release December 20, 2019.
The Celebration Edition contains:
- Base Game? Including all past and future free game updates as they release
- More than 25 Hero Appearances? Including six Legendary Appearances, plus one Appearance each for Rey, Finn, and Kylo Ren inspired by STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER, coming December 20
- More than 125 Trooper and Reinforcement Appearances
- More than 100 Hero and Trooper Emotes and Voice Lines
- More than 70 Hero and Trooper Victory Poses.
There has been no official announcement for the game. If the leak is accurate, the game releases Dec. 20, the same day as Rise of Skywalker.
Star Wars Battlefront II initially launched back in 2017 to sharp criticism, mainly due to its use of microtransactions connecting to in-game abilities. Players and reviewers did not approve of the system, eventually leading the EA and DICE removing microtransactions from the game entirely for some time. While they later returned, the new system ensures players can only use crystals on cosmetic items
The game has continued to receive consistent, free updates from DICE, and the response to these changes and improvements has been positive.