The announcement that the Anniversary Collection Event is coming to Apex Legends has finally dropped. After accidentally going live too early on launch, and then being quickly patched out of the game, players weren’t sure on the exact release schedule for the event, but all became clear in the brand-new Anniversary Collection Event launch trailer today.
The trailer featured an excited Mirage trying to reflect on the time everyone has spent in the Apex Games together over the last two years, but was hacked (and relentlessly teased) by Crypto, who showed off a bunch of the content that the new event is adding to the game.
The Anniversary Collection Event will begin on Tuesday, February 9 and will add a new LTM Takeover, and the most exciting Rewards Track yet:
- Locked and Loaded Limited Time Mode is back, and here this time as a Takeover that puts the LTM directly into Trios and Duos (not ranked)
- Seasonal Challenges that will allow players to earn up to three special badges and a funny Mozambique-themed gun charm
- New Rewards Track full of bonuses, cosmetics and for the first time ever, two free Event Packs.
- Full cosmetic collection of red and gold variants of iconic throwback skins and an opportunity to unlock 150 Heirloom Shards
- Sale on Collection Event items: All cosmetics will cost 50% less crafting metals
The Anniversary Collection Event will run until Tuesday, February 23.