Valentine’s Day is less than a day away, and the developers behind Apex Legends want to show their appreciation to their players with a new round of Preseason Patch Notes. The patch notes include several bug and performance updates, gear adjustments, and a limited-time Valentine’s Day event.
Apex Legends’ Valentine’s Day event starts today and ends on Feb. 19. During this time, players have the chance to earn a limited edition Banner Badge called “Live Die Live.” To obtain the badge, all you have to do is revive a member of your party during the time frame of the Valentine’s Day event, and it should show up in your inventory.
There are also two new cosmetic items available in the Apex Legends store. One is an Epic Longbow skin called “Through the Heart,” and the other is a Pathfinder banner frame called “Love of the Game.” You can only get these two items during the event, so make sure you don’t miss out. Both of these purchasable cosmetic items cost 1,100 Apex coins, which you can buy from the Apex store.
The first series of patch notes touched on a handful of important pieces, such as server stability, correcting errors where players would time out, and increasing the game’s overall performance. A developer in the Reddit page where these patch notes were posted commented that players should see their death boxes flying through the air when they get downed on the dropship.
Apex Legends Patch Notes 01
STABILITY / BUGS / PERFORMANCE / QoL
- Various improvements and tweaks to UI.
- The extended timeout that was causing players with slower hard drives to crash.
- Addressed a number of client and server stability issues.
- Fixed exploit where you could keep duplicating items in your inventory.
- Addressed a number of stability and performance issues.
- Fixed issue where players would get a gray screen in lobby when connecting for the first time.
- Fixed issue where your friends list showed all your friends as offline and unable to party.
- Shortened duration of Bloodhound’s Eye of the Allfather clones to remain in the world by 1 second.
- Arc Star now displays a grenade warning indicator.
- Addressed a number bugs with map geo like holes you could fall through and areas that players could get stuck in plus a bunch of other polish issues.
PLAYSTATION PLUS PLAY PACK
- Art updated for the Playstation Plus Play Pack to the Flatline skin and Banner Card and changed the names to Deep Blue. This will affect all players that already have been rewarded the skins as well.
VALENTINES DAYS – Store items will be available starting at 6pm PST on 2/13.
- Added “Live Die Live” Banner Badge: Revive a member of your squad between 2/13 and 2/19 to earn this limited time badge.
- Added Valentines Day cosmetic items to the store. They will be live and available in the store starting 2/13 until 2/19 and then they’re gone!
- “Through the Heart” Longbow Epic DMR skin
- “Love of the Game” Pathfinder banner frame
Respawn Entertainment has decided to temporary disable Apex Legends Valentine’s Day Skins on Xbox One as they were causing crashing. EA Community Manager wrote on Reddit: “we discovered an issue with the Through the Heart Valentines DMR skin, Gibraltar’s Daemon Hunter and Neural Net skins that are causing crashes on Xbox One. As we investigate and address the issue, we are disabling these skins. They are still available on PC and PS4.”
The developer has promised to fix the issue as soon as possible. We expect the fix to arrive today itself so stay tuned.