There’s a Borderlands 3 hotfix on the horizon, set to launch today at 3pm PST. The patch sees the end of the game’s Bloody Harvest free update, a Halloween-themed in-game event, and fixes an issue that saw players having issues with loot falling into unattainable locations while playing in the Slaughterstar 3000 location. This quick hotfix should address those concerns and make it easier to grab a player’s well-earned equipment.
Additionally, the Spiritual Driver class mod had been activating for all damage times, rather than only for gun damage. The developers have modified it to ensure it only activates for the appropriate damage type.
Read the full patch notes below:
- Addressed a reported issue where loot was sometimes falling into an unreachable area in Slaughterstar 3000. Addressed a reported issue where the movement speed bonus with Amara’s passive ability “Mindfulness” when buffed with Spiritual Driver class mod was sometimes extremely high.
- Mindfulness was designed with the intent that reaching maximum stacks was not easily achievable so the bonus per grade was high. We want players to take advantage of move speed but not to the extent where parts of the game may not function correctly.
- Addressed a reported issue with the Spiritual Driver class mod where it was sometimes awarding damage for all types of damage and not just gun damage.
- Decreased pet audio so FL4K’s Jabber would be less vocal.
- Addressed an issue where Zane’s passive ability “Death Follows Close” did not bring the correct bonus to several kill skills.
- Addressed a reported issue where Zane’s passive ability “Nerves of Steel” would sometimes lose functionality after fast traveling.
- Fixed typos on Desperate Measures and Stainless Steel Bear skills.
- Fixed multiple spots where players were sometimes able to escape the map in Skywell-27.
- Fixed multiple spots where players would sometimes get stuck in Ambermire.
- Fixed various areas in Septic Sluice and Green Diamond Platform that allowed players to reach unintended areas.
- Fixed various areas on Pandora that sometimes allowed players to escape the map.
- Fixed a reported issue where some players could not hear the flaming skulls from Billy, the Anointed.
- Fixed a reported issue where Brick’s sledgehammer sometimes continued to spin after being thrown at an enemy during the mission “Hammerlocked.”
While this hotfix is small, players can expect a bigger update when Borderlands 3 launches with their next piece of DLC called Moxxi’s Heist of the Handsome Jackpot. This content releases Dec. 19. Players do need to purchase this through the game’s Season Pass or by having the Super Deluxe Edition.