After the release of the single player campaign in October of 2017, Debris is finally introducing its much anticipated co-op mode.
In development for three years, the co-op story takes place in a surreal, sunken world locked between chilly ice and an unforgiving rock. An accident leaves you stranded deep beneath the ice clinging to life as you try and survive the elements and your own psychosis.
In addition, players must scramble to find power, defeat strange creatures, and decipher what mysterious forces are preventing you from escaping. Moonray also released a brand new trailer highlighting its exciting inclusion.
Survive Together or Die Alone
In this new co-op mode, you take control of Ryan, the team’s videographer, or Sonya, a promising engineer who is tasked with leading the project in the groundbreaking discovery of meteoric debris in the Arctic ice. You’ll embark on a fight for survival as you’re stranded at the bottom of the Arctic Ocean after an accident leaves you injured, and your only hope is to make it to the surface to survive.
What Awaits You Below
- A mysterious story that leaves you questioning everything. The story unfolds in the communication between players as they struggle to navigate and unravel why they’re trapped and how to escape.
- Multiple endings impacted by key choices.
- Unconventional, narrative co-op mode where your partner matters, and tensions are high. Three lives hang in the balance for survival. One has a light, one has a gun, one sees everything, one hears everything, one is lost, and one is stuck. Everyone thinks they know what is really going on.
- Characters voiced through conversational dialogue
- Everything you do is tied to power, which counts down continuously. Debris is full of choices dependent on the time you have, the time you lose, the time you need, and the time you are willing to spend.
- Unique underwater setting with eight axis of movement, including buoyancy. Glide through the Arctic labyrinth and discover this icy prison is home to strange bio-luminescent flora and fauna, prey and predators of light and darkness.
Make It Out Alive
As you try and make it out alive, you’ll need to figure out what’s behind the surreal world and your desperate situation. Knowing what’s out there will make all the difference in this game. Debris‘s co-op experience will be available on Windows PC and Mac on February 26, 2018 with a 50% discount at launch.