Destiny 2 still has a solid month before the release of Shadowkeep, which is going to change how the game is played moving forward as Bungie assumes full publishing and developing responsibilities for the title. Following the end of the latest Iron Banner, Destiny 2’s 18.104.22.168 patch is getting players ready to take on their new challenges by making some well-timed changes.
The pinnacle weapon quests for the Mountaintop and Wendigo GL3 are getting reduced to make both weapons easier to acquire. Now, players are going to have a much easier time adding these two guns to their collection, getting ready for Shadowkeep in proper fashion. Those new requirements are listed below with the rest of the notes.
Beyond the gun updates, there is a handful of quality of life changes in the game. For starters, the inventory has received a boost with players now able to hold even more stacks of particular tokens they may have earned from grinding various pieces of content. Previously, the limit for many of these tokens, like the Vanguard, Iron Banner, Gunsmith, etc., were set to 999. Now, that limit has gone up to 9,999. For players who showed up once a week to play the game, they may not entirely benefit. However, those who were regularly playing Destiny 2 nonstop are going to find so many tokens available; they may want to hold on to them until Shadowkeep drops on Oct. 1.
There are additional changes to the way the Reckoning functions, along with Braytech Schematics, which you can read in the full patch notes posted below. The 22.214.171.124 patch follows the ending of last week’s Iron Banner event and welcomes the new Mars Community Event. The Community Event has players fighting back the dangerous hordes on the planet, particular the Hive, along with repeating a Nightfall and Strikes to take down the bosses featured on Mars.
Check out the full patch notes below, and get ready to play Destiny 2’s Shadowkeep expansion on Oct. 1.
- Updated the stack size limit from 999 to 9,999 for Planetary Materials, Gunsmith Materials, Vanguard Tokens, Crucible Tokens, and Iron Banner Tokens.
- Braytech Schematics are no longer limited to 1 per day, per account
- Braytech Schematics have a 25% drop chance when opening any Rasputin Data Cache
- The four Braytech weapons offered by Ana Bray, and also tied to the Wayfarer seal, now have a greater chance of granting a weapon you do not currently have.
NOTE: The description of the item will be incorrect and still mention that it’s limited to 1 per day, per account. This will be addressed in a future hotfix.
Pinnacle Weapon Quests
- Wendigo GL3
- Grenade Launcher kills are worth 100% more for each objective
- Death Penalty no longer exist for the final objective
- Grenade Launcher multikills grant 50% more progress
- Completing Playlist strikes grants a significant amount of progress towards the final objective
- Required number of multi-kills has been reduced from 200 to 75
- Required number of medals has been reduced from 100 to 25
- Points earned in Competitive has been further increased relative to other pvp modes
- roughly 1x for Quickplay, 2x for IB, 3x for comp
Gambit Prime and Reckoning
- Enemies in Reckoning adjusted to have less health and do less damage to players
- Increased weapon drop rates in Reckoning and Gambit Prime
- Further increased bad luck protection to each activity, so players should receive a weapon reward after playing multiple matches without one dropping
- Tier 3 Reckoning will have even higher drop rates, as it is more challenging
- Fixed an issue that would cause wrapped items to no longer be refundable when transferred between characters
- Character Boosts
- The Forsaken character boost is no longer available for purchase
- Players will continue to receive one free character boost when accessing Forsaken for the first time