The first patch of 2018 for Star Wars: Battlefront II is now available, and brings with it some new content in addition to the usual bevy of balancing tweaks and bug fixes. Players will be able to enjoy the game mode Blast on the world of Crait in this patch, and get their hands on Iden Versio’s TIE Fighter for any of the Star Assault maps.
Blast on Crait
For the unaware, the Blast game mode is Battlefront II’s version of classic deathmatch. Two teams of up to 10 players face off in a race to 100 kills. Defeat your opponents before they defeat you. That’s all there is to it. The addition of this game mode on the Crait map is a welcome bit of new free content.
Iden Versio’s TIE Fighter
Iden Versio’s custom-built TIE Fighter is now available as a hero ship in the Star Assault game mode. This ship is uniquely differentiated from regular TIE Fighters, having been built specifically for Inferno Squad, and has seen action in the capable hands of Iden Versio in the service of the Emperor. Before, you know, things happened.
Like any good hero ship, the TIE Fighter comes with its own set of Abilities, Star Cards, and Milestones:
- Afterburner – Gives the starfighter a temporary speed boost and breaks enemy missile lock
- Laser Barrage – Charges up a rapid fire barrage which deals high damage
- Dual Proton Torpedoes – Fires two Proton Torpedoes which track the locked target and deal high damage
- Inferno Leader – For the duration, all enemies within a radius are revealed to allied players. These enemies receive increased damage from all sources
- Engine Heat Dissipator – Decreases the Afterburner cooldown
- Advanced Torpedoes – Increases Dual Proton Torpedo damage
- Vengeful Barrage – Increases the damage of Laser Barrage
- Flight Commander – Increases the duration of Inferno Leader
- Reinforced Hull – Increases the total health of the starfighter
- Tuned Lasers – Increases primary weapon damage
- Advanced Capacitors – Improves the primary weapons resistance to overheating
- Repair Systems – Reduces the delay before health regeneration begins
- Elite Pilot – Increases the turn rate of the starfighter
- Engine Upgrade – Increases the top speed and how quickly the starfighter can accelerate and decelerate
- Rapid Assault – Used Iden Versio’s TIE Fighter Afterburner ability 25 times
- Precision Strike – Achieve 25 Dual Proton Torpedoes kills with Iden Versio’s TIE Fighter
- Hope Cannot Save Them – Achieve 25 Laser Barrage kills with Iden Versio’s TIE Fighter
- Avenge Our Emperor – Use Iden Versio’s TIE Fighter Inferno Leader ability 25 times
For the full list of additional balancing tweaks and bug fixes, consult EA’s official patch notes.