Trainers rejoice! It’s time to celebrate a brand new generation of Pokémon coming to Pokémon GO.
Pokémon originally from the Sinnoh region will be making their way to Pokémon GO, which was confirmed by the Pokémon Twitter account.
Confirmed: Pokémon originally discovered in the Sinnoh region will be arriving soon in #PokemonGO! We trust you know what to do with this information, Trainers – get ready to start exploring! https://t.co/ubOyd5gmlh pic.twitter.com/Bvjhyahlqd
— Ghost-type Pokémon (@Pokemon) October 9, 2018
We don’t know when they will start appearing, but we’re excited that it is finally happening. With the release of Mewtwo in Legendary raids, it was only a matter of time for this to happen. Not only will trainers get a brand new generation of Pokémon, but some mechanics of the game have been changed as well.
Changes to Pokémon Migration and Behavior
Niantic is changing the way Pokémon appear around you, and it starts with the weather feature.
- The weather feature will have a reduced effect on the rate at which Pokémon appear.
- As you explore an area, you will notice a greater variety of Pokémon species will appear over time and at different rates.
- Areas such as parks and nature reserves will now contain more varied Pokémon species.
What this means, is that instead of seeing one specific Pokémon in a park, you will start seeing different types of Pokémon alongside the nest Pokémon. This will change the way nests act and give more variety to catch.
Changes to Pokémon Effectiveness in Battle
Along with changes to Pokémon Migration and Behavior, gym battles and Pokémon included in those battles will be rebalanced. You can expect these changes to come soon.
- CP values will be adjusted going forward to improve game balance.
- HP values will be adjusted to close the gap between Pokémon with high and low HP.
- Pokémon Defense and Stamina values will be rebalanced, allowing Pokémon with high defensive stats to be valuable by outlasting opponents in battle rather than these Pokémon taking too long to defeat.
- Defense values have been slightly reduced for most Pokémon. Changes will help narrow the gap between Pokémon with the highest defensive stats and other Pokémon.
It’s going to be hard to tell how these changes will affect gym battles until they are released and tested out. It does sound like those long battles against Slaking and Blissey may be over with. Only time will tell if these changes will be for the better.
In the meantime, start stocking up lucky eggs, star pieces, and Pokéballs to get ready for the next generation.