The long awaited update for Mortal Kombat 11 has been released on the PlayStation 4.
At launch, Mortal Kombat 11 was heavily criticized for how unfair some of the towers were. Towers are a series of matches you can have, with each proceeding match becoming more and more difficult.
However that is where the issue stems from, the towers became too difficult for players. Not only that, but the rewards were tiny in comparison to the effort you have to go through to complete these towers.
It made Mortal Kombat 11 feel very grinding, as you need multiple types of currency to get new costumes, moves, or other valuable in-game goods. The only way to get these currencies was to do towers, which were too complicated at times.
The CPU opponents you face in Towers would often equip modifiers that gave them an edge in battle and were at times impossible to get pass.
NetherRealm Studios recognized this oversight, and promise to correct it. On Reddit, a Warner Brothers account finally revealed that there will be an update for PS4 users.
The update is available right now on the PS4; WB goes into detail what the update brings. Here it is, as listed on Reddit.
Mortal Kombat 11 April 29 Patch Changelog
General Gameplay Adjustments
- Fixed an exploit that allowed for more than one variation of a character to be set as default, which could then result in an online desync when trying to select that character
- Fixed a rare issue that occurred if the user lost internet connectivity while customizing their character, which would sometimes result in that variation being saved with some items being locked
- Fixed a rare issue that was affecting some user progression after using Kenshi’s blindfold in the Krypt to fully drain their Soul Fragments
- Move list and frame data corrections
- Integrated launch day gameplay server-side data
- Tweaks to online match-making
- AI adjustments
- Fixed a rare crash involving trying to use quick moves list in story mode
- Fixed a rare crash in the Totem Pole tower in The Gauntlet
- Fixed a crash related to pausing and unpausing the game
- Corrected some incorrect instruction text in tutorial mode
- Enabled Dev Slayer functionality
- Kitana’s Fans will no longer sometimes remain invisible if she is interrupted out of Edenian Fade with specific timing
- Hotfix server data will no longer sometimes become invalid when the game is booted up online
- Fixed a rare crash involving using a consumable near a chest in The Krypt
- Increased rewards for breakables in The Krypt
- Adjusted rewards from AI Battle mode
- Increased Koin rewards for winning Ranked Matches
- Towers of Time Adjustments
- Adjusted AI difficulty curve
- Further opponent health reductions in higher level Towers
- Performing a Fatal Blow while standing in an active modifier will no longer sometimes cause unexpected behavior or a crash
- Ice based modifiers will no longer attempt to freeze players during invalid states
- Adjusted and removed modifiers from many Daily Towers
- Increased Koin Rewards for kompleting Towers and Tower Platforms
- Increased Dragon Challenge Koin rewards
- Increased post fight Koin rewards
- Increased amount of Hearts earned from Fatalities, Brutalities, and Mercies
- Lowered modifier damage for many modifiers
- Adjusted the lifespan of several modifiers
- Dramatically increased cooldowns on Tag Assist modifiers
- Fixed a missing Reduced Damage modifier in The Gauntlet
- Several Gift/Curse Modifiers are now considered projectiles allowing them to interact with moves that effect projectiles as intended
- Adjusted Gauntlet difficulty and progression requirements
- Disabler Konsumables now work with all intended modifiers
- Improved targeting for several Konsumables
- Sektor Hunter Killer Protocol Modifier is now disabled by the Rocket Disabler Konsumable
- Corrected some multipliers on Augments for some characters which were inconsistent with others
- Fixed incorrect Armor interactions with some Modifiers
- Decreased Konsumable cooldowns for players
The Reddit post also reveals that Mortal Kombat 11 owners will also be gifted with 500,000 Koins, 1,000 Souls, 1,000 Time Crystals, and 500 Hearts, the many different currencies in the game. The gift will only be available to owners up till May 6, at 6 AM PST.
Currently, this update is available only for PlayStation 4 users. The Reddit post claims the update will also come to the Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC version of the game.