Blazing Griffin, a Scottish development team of The Ship fame, has announced that its latest title is merely a month away. Murderous Pursuits will hit Steam’s digital store shelves on April 26th. A closed beta will also begin starting tomorrow on March 23rd.
If you’ve ever played The Ship series in the past, then the game play of Murderous Pursuits will seem similar.
Murderous Pursuits is a tense multiplayer stealth game in which up to 8 players plot glorious murder as they track their assigned quarry, avoiding hunters and hiding in plain sight. This means players will need to put on their best bot impression in order to succeed, as they blend in to the scores of party guests discussing high art and eating the finest Scottish pies the British Empire can afford.
Players who enjoy blending into their environments will likely find a lot of joy in this game, as the core gameplay mechanic is all about staying hidden. The Ship was the equivalent of great dinner theater in the digital world and a delight to play with a group of good friends. By the early looks, Murderous Pursuits will attempt to replicate some of that success while adding some updated and modern touches. Some features that are highlighted include:
- Thrill of the Hunt: Identify your quarry, plan their extravagant murder and set it into motion, all before another player wises up and does the same to you
Think like an AI: Use busy, reactive environments to your advantage, as you hide in plain sight and mimic the actions of surrounding AI party-goers to get the jump on your quarry
- The best laid plans: Outmaneuver your adversaries and react to changing plans on the fly with a variety of abilities including disguises, flash bombs, and counters
- Murder with excellence: Be discrete, commandeer a high-value weapon, and dance over your quarry’s lifeless body to earn Mr. X’s favor
- Human after all: Play solo or online multiplayer with other players, featuring support for custom game options and wickedly intelligent bots
- An alternate reality: Step aboard the HMCS Britannic, a state-of-the-art, colonial time ship built at the height of the British Empire’s lavish Victorian era. It also just so happens to fly
With a release scheduled for April 26th, players who don’t want to wait can now attempt to join the closed beta. This can be done by joining the official Discord, signing up for the mailing list, or following the game on Twitter.