Since 2006, Dr. Kawashima, who it turns out is an actual real Dr. and not just a corporate mascot used to shill games have been trying to help us train our brains with varying degrees of success. It was announced a few weeks back that Japan would be getting a new Dr. Kawashima’s Brain Training for Nintendo Switch, but there was no mention of it making its way to either Europe or North America.
Sadly for our American cousins, that still seems to be the case, but for us Europeans, it’s time to rejoice as Dr. Kawashima’s Brain Training for Nintendo Switch has been confirmed to reach our shores on January 3rd, 2020.
Announced on Nintendo Life, it seems the good Dr. will be up to his usual tricks to help stimulate those parts of your cranium that you very rarely use or may have recently neglected. Amongst the games on offer, there will be:
- Calculations: Do a series of simple sums as quickly as you can
- Dual Tasks: Clear some hurdles while picking the biggest number
- Finger Calculations: The same as the first game, but on your fingers
- Photographic Memory: See a photo, remember the photo
- Rock, Paper, Scissors: Does exactly what it says on the tin
- Sudoku: The classic number puzzle game
- Word Scramble: Take a ton of different letters and make as many words as possible
You’ll also be able to go head to head with friends and family members in a variety of different challenges, all of which will allow you to calculate your Brain Score and be able to improve it every day but the most exciting part is that it promises to hold regular World Brain Training Championships which can only mean that you’ll get to go up against other users from around the world to see just who the smartest person that owns a Switch, and a copy of this game, really is.