Nintendo has released the details of the day-one patch (1.1) for Animal Crossing: New Horizons. Players will receive in-game items and gain access to multiplayer and NookLink. Anyone that has pre-loaded the game can download the update immediately.
In preparation for the upcoming launch of Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Nintendo has released the details of the day-one patch. Aside from the standard bugfixes, 1.1 will give players access to multiplayer services to visit other islands or invite friends over to visit theirs.
The multiplayer services can be accessed by talking to Orville at the airport. Before players can interact, they will be given the standard ‘Nintendo is not responsible for online interactions, don’t be a jerk’ PSA. As part of the service, players will be able to use the in-game friends’ list and a new chat log to view past chats. Players can also report others for acting inappropriately, and any players reported can be banned from multiplayer.
Nintendo is also allowing players to obtain two new decorative items on day one. Just by downloading the day-one update, players will receive an in-game Switch with red and blue Joy-cons. Players that have purchased the Animal Crossing bundle with the official AC themed Switch will receive an AC themed Switch in-game. A Nook Inc. rug will also be available at launch to purchase with Nook miles, but only for Nintendo Switch Online subscribers.
Finally, players will also be able to use the NookLink service available through the Nintendo Switch Online smartphone app. NookLink can scan QR codes from New Leaf and Happy Home Designer. The service also allows players to chat using the smartphone as a keyboard or for voice chat.
Nintendo Japan Twitter account has shared the official Patch 1.1 notes. Check it out below.
- The patch contains the game’s first special event, Easter (4/1-4/12). Time travelers whose system is set to those dates will NOT be allowed to experience those events until it is actually that time IRL. An Internet connection will be required to check the real date when the event first starts on 4/1, after which the event can be enjoyed with no Internet connection. Also worth noting that the user playing must have a connected Nintendo account when this check is performed.
- Players can use the Nintendo Switch Online app features (QR codes, chat, etc.) beginning 3/20 1pm JST. You can also now visit other players’ islands.
- Players who install the update will receive a Nintendo Switch furniture item. If you’re using the AC special edition Joy-Cons, it will look like your special system!
- Nintendo Switch Online members will receive a bonus rug that can be obtained with Nook Miles.
- Pocket Camp players can obtain certain PC items via the machine in Resident Services. Details on how exactly to do this will be provided later.