A mix of sport, fighting, and indie action are coming to Xbox Game Pass as eFootball PES 2021 for consoles, What Remains of Edith Finch for PC, and Injustice 2 for both are the pick of this month’s inclusions.
The new games coming to the subscription service were announced via the Xbox Wire blog, and also include recently released ARPG Torchlight III and fantasy adventure The Little Acre for consoles. Deck Building strategy game Neoverse, and Yiik: A Postmodern RPG, a surrealist turn-based RPG, round off the selection for PC. All console releases are also available for the Game Pass for Android devices.
PES 2021, which launched as a season update to the 2020 base game, launched for a reduced price in September last year. Konami received praise for the handling of the game in the face of both next-generation console releases and the COVID-19 pandemic rather than pushing for a full-priced release. It follows the inclusion of last year’s game on Game Pass.
BAFTA Winner What Remains of Edith Finch is a walking simulator-style adventure game set in Washington State as you try to uncover the family history of the titled star. Meanwhile, fighting game Injustice 2 continues the story of the original as the Justice League tears itself apart from the tyranny of a corrupt Superman.
It will also see an end to FTL: Faster Than Light, My Friend Pedro, Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet, and Tekken 7 on January 15, so this will be your last chance to play them.
Entering Game Pass:
- eFootball PES 2021 Season Update (Android and Console) – January 7
- Injustice 2 (Android, Console, and PC) – January 7
- The Little Acre (Android and Console) – January 7
- Neoverse (PC) ID@Xbox – January 14
- Torchlight III (Android and Console) ID@Xbox – January 14
- What Remains of Edith Finch (PC) ID@Xbox – January 14
- YIIK: A Postmodern RPG (PC) ID@Xbox – January 14
Leaving Game Pass on January 15:
- FTL: Faster Than Light (PC)
- My Friend Pedro (Console and PC)
- Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet (Console)
- Tekken 7 (Console)