PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds gets a new update that adds many items in the game through two crates, the update also focuses on bug fixes and changes to the replay system. The patch log is pretty long and it looks it has the lot of things to add, this makes Update 1.0 (2) a massive patch for the game. Update 1.0 was first relapsed in December and now we have more additions to this new one.
Having two new crates Desperado and Biker are the best things about the update. One among this two is free and one is paid. Through the patch log PUBG team also shared info about the crate drop rate of each item in it and the drop rates of these two new crates. Among these two crates, to open Desperado, you will have to buy a key, while Biker is free for all. To open Desperado players will have to buy Early Bird key from steam. PUBG team will offer you 100,000 BP and 6 Early Bid keys so that players can simply test the items in the paid crates on test servers only. Players can spend BP to get the 4 available crates.
The update also adds a function to the game UI and report cheating. Using the in-game reporting tool you can report a player whom you found using cheats in the game. Update 1.0 also works on game performance by offering more stability through various bug fixes and tweaks in performance. We had picked a few important info from the patch log, to read the full logs you can click on the steam source link at the end of this news.
PUBG Update Patch Logs:
- Added two new crates (free / paid). You can open the paid crate box with the Early Bird key which is purchasable in Steam market
- In order to test the stability, 100,000 BP and 6 keys will be granted to each account (test server only)
- The new free/paid crate box has a 40% drop rate and the previous crate boxes(Wanderer and Survivor) have a 10% drop rate
- DESPERADO (new paid crate box) : 40%
- BIKER (new free crate box) : 40%
- Wanderer: 10%
- Survivor: 10%
- Reduced the visible distance when parachuting down in order to test the optimization of server and client performance at the early phases of the game.
- Adjusted the squad team colors (players 1~4) to better reflect their callout names (yellow, orange, blue, green)
- Added a function where a player can select more detailed criteria for the “Cheating” category in the in-game report tool
- You can choose multiple items or you can just report without selecting any of them.
- Added report button in replay: Report button pops up when pressing RMB on the player list (TAB key)
- Adjusted replay system so that now a player can watch the replay without extra delay in the following cases – Solo mode, When the player won the match & When all teammates are eliminated.
- Fixed the issue where when a player lands from the plane the position of character teleports intermittently
- Fixed the issue where character animation is frozen when rejoining after a crash
- Fixed the issue where the red zone disappears instantly after it formed
- Fixed the issue where some vehicles spawned on Miramar are stuck to an object and unable to move
- Fixed the issue where a player sometimes couldn’t pass through a door even though it was open
- Fixed the issue where mouse cursor would disappear on a replay map
- Fixed the issue where when replay and death cam were played, the crosshair was bouncing
- Fixed the issue where the falling speed meter text was showing abnormally in Portuguese