After many months of hype, Rockstar Games finally released Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC this morning. But while some gamers enjoyed the stunning visuals and gameplay with this version, others have reported errors with the game, namely with the Rockstar Games Launcher.
That said, Rockstar Games did release a new patch for the game, which supposedly fixes this problem and lets gamers head back out to the Wild West. Here’s the rundown from the company’s support page:
- First off, the Rockstar Games Launcher won’t come back with the “failed to initialize” error on startup
- Also, the preload decryption error should now be done away with as well, so those that pre-loaded Red Dead Redemption 2 should be able to start it right up.
- “The Rockstar Games Launcher exited unexpectedly” error shouldn’t happen anymore.
- The initial crash issues for the Rockstar Games Launcher should be fixed.
- And finally, the Epic Games Launcher shouldn’t have the message “Unable to launch the game; please verify your game data” anymore
The patch should be live now, so users can download it and start-up their PC experience. Fingers crossed that it works like a charm, but we’ll see what the consensus of users say after they test it out.
Check out the trailer below in case you missed what makes this particular version stand out. It looks remarkable, provided you have the upgraded servers and graphics card to run it.
Red Dead Redemption 2 is available now for PC, as well as Xbox One and PlayStation 4.