A huge new update has come to Risk of Rain 2 for consoles, adding some crucial features, along with a new system called Loadout. Developer Gearbox Software provided details on the new Skills 2.0 update on its official page.
The Loadout system lets players trade up their skills and skins at the beginning of each run. There are some variants that continue to play off existing skills, but others feature unique abilities to try out.
That said, it can take a little time to earn new skills and skins. They unlock after you meet “survivor-specific challenges” within the game. And they probably won’t come easy. Gearbox also says it intends to add more as Risk of Rain 2 updates continue.
Today’s update also introduces a new Survivor, the Loader, as well as a new Stage, the Siren’s Call. These will add to an already substantial game.
On top of that, specific console owners can also take advantage of two new features. The first is the addition of voice chat for PlayStation 4, which many have been waiting on. But, in addition, there’s also the inclusion of local multiplayer support for Nintendo Switch, which should really open up the game’s co-op factor.
Check out the full list of updates below:
- Added new Survivor: Loader
- Added new Stage: Siren’s Call
- Added new System: Loadouts
- Added new System: Alternate Skins
- Added 15 new skill variants
- Added 7 new skins
- Added new Elite: Celestine
- Added 2 new bosses to the game
- Added 2 new monsters to the game
- Added 6 new Items and Equipment to the game
- Added new Interactable: Lunar Seer
- Added 3 new challenges to the game
- Added 22 new unique class challenges to the game
- Added Environment Log: Siren’s Call
- Added 7 new Lore Entries to the game
- Various performance & stability improvements
- Various Bug Fixes
Gearbox also included the image below, which goes over the content to come in the months ahead. A new winter update is right around the corner, with a new Survivor, additional Hidden Realms and even more bosses and items. Two updates will follow after that in the spring and summer, introducing even more bosses, as well as additional equipment, stages, and Survivors. And, yes, the Artifacts 2.0 update is still on the way, due sometime this spring.
The update is available now, and should download automatically the next time you start the game. Risk of Rain 2 is out now for PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch.