There’s a new patch for Risk of Rain 2 out right now. The development team posted it to their on their Steam page, where they listed out various changes.
A majority of this first Early Access patch was to address any critical bugs players were experiencing since the game first launched, last Friday. These bugs include, and are not limited to corrupted save files, multiplayer problems, and a handful of controller fixes.
Among these changes are also gameplay balances, such as MUL-T now having lower base damage, the Imp Overlord no longer passively regenerates, and the teleporter should now be more accessible to locate.
These are some of the first changes the developers, Hopoo Games, have released. They still have another 12 months until Risk of Rain 2 officially releases, so you can expect additional balance changes, new characters, environments, and new enemies to show up during the game’s Early Access.
We have all of the latest patch notes listed below.
• **Prismatic Trials**
○ Add Friends-Only Leaderboard
○ Update Global Leaderboard to be around your current position in the Leaderboard
○ Reduce base movement speed from 9 to 7 to match all other Survivors
○ Reduce base damage from 12 to 11
○ Increase Transport Mode speed boost from 200% to 220% to compensate for his lost base movement speed.
○ We really really don’t like to nerf characters in general – these are very light touches, and the movement speed being higher was an oversight. We also want to make sure that MUL-T’s big success isn’t coming from its ability to abuse Ocular HUD for infinite crits.
• **Imp Overlord**
○ Remove passive regen
○ Increase base damage from 13 to 16
○ The boss fight was a big of a slog if you had lower DPS because of the boss’ natural regen. Higher damage should make the boss fight more intense.
○ Add slight rim glow
○ Increase teleporter passive particle radius from 38 to 60. Increase particle count so density remains the same.
○ A lot of players are having issues finding the Teleporter. Players are starting to notice the passive particles indicating the teleporter is around – we will try increasing the radius to see if it helps. The rim glow will help distinguish it from identically colored surfaces. This is intended to be a fairly big change – if it turns out we jumped the gun and the community was simply learning, we can approach a middle ground.
• Corrupted save files no longer prevent the game from initializing past the first splash screen. We will continue to figure out why exactly they are being corrupted in the first place.
• Refactor Multiplayer connection setup to be more stable – hopefully less weird half-states on connecting to other players.
• Selecting the “Quit to Menu” pause menu option from the Prismatic trials no longer temporarily shows the main menu.
• Engineering Perfection challenge can no longer be completed by starting 30 levels without finishing them.
• Environment logs now count towards the 10 logs challenge.
• Equipment – Royal Capacitor now requires line of sight to use.
• When playing with a controller, pressing the confirm button at the main menu will no longer choose the last option that was hovered onto.
• Revert button text now properly becomes highlighted when functional.
• The Mercenary is now properly targeted by enemies after he uses a non-primary skill.
• Multiplayer: Characters no longer come back to life after dying in a multiplayer game, leaving it and joining it back.
• Monster Tooth: The Monster Tooth healing orbs heal amount now match the description.
• Multiplayer: Acquired Items now properly show up in the Item bar or the Info Screen after leaving a multiplayer game and joining it back.
• Names can no longer extend beyond the profile text box in the main menu
• Large profile names can no longer overlap the Back button and run off of the screen
• The Enter Quickplay button of the Multiplayer Menu no longer needs to be pressed twice to start searching a lobby when using a controller.
• Holding the Primary Skill Button down while activating Ocular HUD and shooting with Mul-T Auto-Nailgun no longer deals infinite critical damage.
• Back button in Prismatic Trials’ character select no longer returns you to the main menu
• Falloff models for delayed blast attacks (Titan Fist, Ice Affix Death, Willowisp) are now properly assigned. This may cause them to do more damage than before.
• Quickplay launch time is now properly Time Zone independent
Quality of Life Changes
• Error messages now tell you when the host is shut down
• Remove collision from Teleporter nub to prevent monsters getting stuck