Gamescom 2018 has just wrapped up and we have the best title of the event named – it’s Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. The latest game from the makers of Dark Souls has been amazing throughout the showcase.
A few more prizes were revealed together with Sekiro’s, but we must say we deeply agree with jury’s judgment as the game was outstanding and to see it playable just a few weeks after its announcement was great, too.
The latest awards are as follow:
- Best of gamescom award goes to Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (Activision)
- gamescom fans have decided: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Nintendo) is the winner of the public prize
- HandOfBlood distinguished as Best Streamer/Let’s Player
- Ubisoft is Best Developer and Activision Blizzard is Best Publisher of gamescom 2018
- Fortnite had the best stand of gamescom 2018
The award ceremony took place on the Red Bull stage powered by gamescom. More than 100 submissions reached the award office, which was this year once again run by the Digital Games Culture Foundation.
The first winners of the gamescom award were already announced in many jury categories on Tuesday, and also saw Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice be awarded the best action game in Koln, Germany.