Starbound remains a grand time for people who want to play Minecraft in a 2D environment, with a science-fiction twist. The latest update has arrived in the game where players are recruited to serve as a bounty hunter, capturing criminals and detaining them. The Starbound Bounty Hunter update 1.4 is now live, and players can jump in to catch their first targets right now.
It’s not going to be easy, as players have to track down these dangerous criminals using clues to determine their target’s location. These targets usually have a large number of gang members protecting them that the player has to shoot their way through before getting to their intended objective. You’ll start at on a standard base, and steadily make your way through the galaxy traveling to different planets before you find yourself at the final hideout.
To join the bounty ranks, players have to speak to the latest faction in the game called Peacekeepers. You’ll have to follow the faction’s storyline through a series of missions, rising the ranks to gain more prestige with the group. Eventually, you’ll get to explore the bosses owned by this faction.
Additionally, the Bounty Hunter update 1.4 adds procedural dungeons and bounties players can interact with at any time. The dungeons contain a variety of foes players need to shoot their way through, attempting to capture their ideal target at the end.
The update also introduces a brand new elemental species of creatures, which players can capture to add to their collection. You’re also going to find seven new weapons, drones, eight new armor pieces, a mining laser, and plenty of new furniture.
The bounty hunter update for Starbound was first discovered back in late 2017.
We have the full patch notes listed below. The Starbound Bounty Hunter Update 1.4 is now live, so update your game and jump in.
Starbound Bounty Hunter Update 1.4 Patch Notes
- New procedurally-generated quests that see the player travel to worlds and into space, hunting down criminal gangs
- New Peacekeeper stations for bounty hunters – work your way through promotions and restore law in the universe
- Take the fight to criminal gangs at their hideouts, including a climatic final mission & boss fight!
- New quests: Becoming a Peacekeeper, Rookie Assignment, Rising through the Ranks, The Good Fight, Keeping the Peace, Going after the Occasus
- New generated bounty quests
- New generated criminal hideout microdungeons
- Four new music tracks by Starbound composer Curtis Schweitzer
- Elemental Monster variants – they are capturable, and earn progress in a new collection.
- New Collection: Rare Pets collection
- New monster variants: Fire Gleap, Electric Voltip, Poison Smoglin, Ice Peblit, Albino Poptop, Electric Anglure, Fire Bobot, Poison Bulbop, Electric Capricoat, Ice Crabcano, Electric Crutter, Ice Fennix, Elecrtic Hemogoblin, Ice Hypnare, Fire Lilodon, Poison Mandraflora, Ice Miasmop, Ice Narfin, Fire Oogler, Poison Nutmidge, Ice Orbide, Electric Petricub, Poison Pipkin, Electric Quagmutt, Ice Ringram, Poison Scaveran, Elecrtic Snaunt, Poison Snuffish, Poison Sporgus, Fire Taroni, Fire Toumingo, Poison Trictus, Electric Yokat, Electric Ignome, Fire Lumoth, Poison Pyromantle, Electric Skimbus, Fire Spookit, Fire Squeem, Fire Wisper, Ice Agrobat, Poison Batong, Poison Bobfae, Fire Monopus, Poison Paratail, Fire Pteropod, Cultist Scandroid, Ice Crustoise, Ice Iguarmor, Fire Oculob, Poison Pulpin, Ice Snaggler, Electric Tintic, Fire Gosmet
- Egyptian set: Egyptian Bed, Egyptian Chair, Egyptian Crest, Egyptian Pillar, Egyptian Statuette, Egyptian Table
- Office set: Office Cabinet, Office Computer, Office Desk, Office Desk Lamp, Office Noticeboard, Office Scanner, Office Server, Office Stapler, Office Table
- Peacekeeper objects: Peacekeeper Chair, Peacekeeper Computer, Peacekeeper Desk, Peacekeeper Door, Peacekeeper Emblem, Peacekeeper Rusty Emblem, Peacekeeper Furnishings, Peacekeeper Lamp Post, Peacekeeper Mug, Peacekeeper Notes, Peacekeeper Painting, Peacekeeper Tall Poster, Peacekeeper Wide Poster, Peacekeeper Store, Peacekeeper Table, Peacekeeper Vending Machine, Peacekeeper Poster
- Neon objects: Bounty Board, Neon Hologram, Neon Lamp Post, Neon Magenta Light, Neon Peacekeeper Emblem, Neon Store, Neon Triangle
- Occasus pieces: Cultist Airlock Door, Cultist Airlock Hatch, Cultist Banner, Cultist Chest
- Other: Dark Computer, Extractor Drill, Hanging Guardian, Mech Platform
- New Teleporter: Peacekeeper Teleporter
- New Wireable Object: Numeric Keypad
Other New Additions
- Drones: Peacekeeper Drone, Mining Drone
- New Weapons: Neo Magnum, Neo Magnum-E78, Neo Magnum-RX, Neo Magnum-ZZZ, Glue Sprayer, Lazercaster, Stun Grenade
- New Tool: Mining Laser
- New Unique Monster: Cosmic Intruder
- New Mission: The Dantalion
- New Boss Encounter: The Swansong
- New Armor: Captain Noble Head, Cultist General Hood, Cultist General Tentacles, Groucho Glasses, Pharaoh Headdress, Sheep Hat, Shirt Top,
- Peacekeeper Set (Peacekeeper Hat, Peacekeeper Shirt, Peacekeeper Trousers)
- New Figurines: Cosmic Intruder Figurine, Swansong Figurine
- New Mech Parts: Neo Laser Mech Arm, Peacekeeper Mech Body
- New Augments: Peacekeeper I Augment, Peacekeeper II Augment, Peacekeeper III Augment
- New vehicle: Red Sports Car
- New world spawn vehicles: Dropship, Mini Tank, Mini UFO, Sportscar, Jeep
- New object tags: Cultist, Egyptian, Peacekeeper, Office
- New Tenants: Egyptian, Peacekeeper, Office
- New blocks: Sloped Glass Panel, Polygon Platform
- New currency: Peace Credit
Changes and fixes
- Changed the crafting requirements for all mech parts to match materials in the system where the blueprint is found.
- Changed name of ‘T-Rex’ fossil pieces to ‘T. Rex’
- Fixed bug where Triplod Figurine was not properly awarding credit to the Collections Library
- Various lua bindings added
- Added /setdungeonid command
- Updated instrument audio position to follow the player
- Display for gendered armor in tooltips
- Add hover state to mission/crew/tech interface lists
- For radial tile brushes, damage tile center instead of tile origin
- Allow equalsSelf material render rule to also match on hue
- Add a glow to inventory button when inventory has new items
- Add a cooldown to ouch noise
- Remove monster families and variantParameters
- Allow bursting particle emitters multiple times in the same frame
- Fix latch object animation bug
- Only suffocate if mouth position is inside collision geometry
- Fix energypickaxe animation state
- Fix projectiles not dealing damage if spawned after the parent projectile has died
- Minor bugfixes