With the release of The Crew 2 coming on June 29th, now is the time to ensure that your PC can handle everything that Ubisoft is looking to throw your way. Today the system requirements and specs for the PC version have been revealed. Ubisoft has really embraced the PC market as of late, providing support for a great range of hardware and input controls. Read on for the details.
These minimum requirements should allow you to run The Crew 2 at 1080p and 30 FPS. Nothing fancy, but serviceable for lower end gaming PCs.
|OS||Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)|
|Processor||Intel Core i5-2400s @ 2.5 GHz or AMD FX-6100 @ 3.3 GHz or equivalent|
|Video Card||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 or AMD HD 7870 (2GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better)|
Ubisoft has graciously provided recommended specs for those looking to run The Crew 2 at 1080p and 30 FPS, as well as 60 FPS. If you’re gaming at high resolutions, like 2K or even 4K, you’ll want to meet at least the 60 FPS requirements to ensure reasonably smooth gameplay.
|30 FPS||60 FPS|
|OS||Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)||Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)|
|Processor||Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2 GHz or AMD FX 6350 @ 3.9 GHz||Intel Core i5-4690k @ 3.5 GHz or AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.2 GHz|
|Video Card||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 or AMD R9 270X (4GB / 2GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better)||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6GB) or GTX 970 (4GB) or AMD RX 470 (4GB / 8GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better)|
One thing to note is that while Ubisoft recommends only 8GB of RAM, it’s never a bad idea to have more than that!
PC Specific Graphics Settings
The following are PC specific graphics settings that will be available in The Crew 2 to allow you to tweak the game’s performance to your individual needs:
- Screen resolution selection with multi-aspect ratio support, including 21/9 screens.
- Window modes (exclusive full-screen, classic window, and borderless full-screen)
- FPS limit, up to 60 FPS
- V-Sync on/off
- Video Presets & customized values:
- Geometry: Set the view distance details.
- Shadows: Set the resolution and quality of all shadows in the game.
- Textures: Set the quality of in-game textures. Game restart is required to apply changes.
- Environment Mapping: Set the quality and the resolution of realtime reflection and indirect lighting.
- Depth of field: Set the depth of field quality.
- Motion Blur: Set the strength and quality of in-game Motion Blur while moving. A disable feature also is available.
- Grass: Set the density of grass in the game environments.
- Volumetric FX: Set quality of clouds and fog.
- Anti-aliasing: Set the quality of edge sharpening and overall graphic fidelity.
- Ambient occlusion: Set details of shadows based on two or more intersecting objects.
- Screen space reflection: SSR allows even more improvements to Environment Mapping by using some parts of the rendered image if possible. The player can choose SSR quality or disable it for low-end machines.
- Weather: Set the quality of weather effects in the game.
- Terrain: Terrain quality settings can allow more details in medium and far view.
- 3-Monitor FOV scale factor: If the player uses a 3-monitor configuration, this value allows them to adjust the focus level of the monitor in the middle and corrects potential FOV deformation because of the unusual aspect ration.
Supported Input Devices
Finally, what would a car-centric racing game be without proper support for a variety of steering wheels? Ubisoft is happy to oblige and will support the following control schemes and wheels:
- Mouse + Keyboard
- Microsoft Xbox 360
- Microsoft Xbox One
- Microsoft Xbox One Elite
- Sony Playstation 4
- Steam Controller
- Officially supported steering wheels:
- [PC] Fanatec ClubSport Wheel
- [PC] Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel
- [PC] Thrustmaster T500 RS Racing wheel (with Ferrari GTE 458 Challenge Rim)
- [PC] Thrustmaster T300RS Racing WHEEL
- [PC] T500 RS Gear Shift
- [PC] Thrustmaster T100 (Thrustmaster F430 Force Feedback)
- [PC] Thrustmaster Ferrari Red Legend
- [PC] Logitech Driving Force GT
- [PC] Logitech G27
- [PC] Twin Wheel F1 Combo Wheel
- [PC] Simraceway SRW-S1
- [PC] Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer
- [Xbox One] ThrustMaster Ferrari 458 Spider Racing Wheel – Xbox One
- [Xbox One, PC] Thrustmaster VG TX Racing Wheel Leather Edition Premium Official Xbox One Racing Wheel
- [Xbox One, PC] Thrustmaster TS-XW Racer – P310 Competition Mod
- [Xbox One, PC] Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel Xbox One
- [Xbox One, PC] Thrustmaster TMX Pro
- [PS4/PC] Logitech G29 Driving Force Race Wheel + Logitech G Driving Force Shifter Bundle
- [PS4/Xbox One] TH8A Add-On Shifter
- [PS4/PC] Thrustmaster T-GT
- [PS4/PC] Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel PS4
- [PS4/PC] Thrustmaster T500 RS Racing wheel
- [PS4/PC] Thrustmaster T150
There you have it, folks. Everything you need to know about what will be required, and supported, by The Crew 2. The game will be available on June 29th for PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4.