A few short weeks after the obligatory Reign of Blood DLC, Sega and Creative Assembly have announced, with a rather dramatic bit of cinema, their first major expansion for the Three Kingdoms, the Eight Princes.
Launching August 8th, the Eight Princes is set 100 years after the end of the Three Kingdoms storyline and features eight new playable characters, all with their playstyles. The Eight Princes has a wealth of new features: new buildings, new assignments, court options, and elite units. There’s a new faction advancement system, noble support, and a wealth, spirit, might, and mind alignment system that will affect the events of your game.
The Total War series has always been known for releasing great DLC, but the Eight Princes appears to be stepping up the game. There’s a lot here, and it’s only been 2 and a half months since the game’s release.
The Eight Princes Chapter Pack is a new standalone campaign which takes place in the immediate aftermath of the THREE KINGDOMS storyline. This pack introduces eight legendary princes to Total War: THREE KINGDOMS, each with their own unique traits, playstyles, and units such as the revered heavy cataphract cavalry, mounted archers, and imperial guardsmen.
A full list of what the DLC has to offer can be found below.
- New campaign set 100 years after the Three Kingdoms period began
- Eight new playable princes with substantially different playstyles
- Supported by unique buildings, assignments and court options
- New elite units: pummel your foe with mighty cataphracts!
- Shape your faction development with four new alignments: Wealth, Spirit, Might, and Mind
- Key public order and faction-rank changes to reflect this unique conflict