There’s no doubt that cooperative loot shooters like Destiny 2 and The Division are what we here at TL;DR Games spend a significant amount of time playing. The social aspect of gathering with a group of friends to defeat the bad guys of the world (or universe) provide the kind of enjoyment that just can’t be had in other games. How cool would it be if that kind of feeling could be transferred into the realm of virtual reality? That is exactly what Archiact intends to accomplish with Evasion, a self-described intense “bullet-hell shooter” combined with a Destiny-styled raid for up to 4 players.
Explosive VR Combat – Solo or as a Squad
Evasion will deliver cinematic destructible environments and intense bullet hell action. Players will team up and fight their way through laser-fueled maelstroms and overwhelming odds. The game implements a “Swarm A.I” enemy behavior system which adds a new level of tension, making tactical movement and teamwork critical to your squad’s survival.
Players will choose from one of four hero classes, including the devastating Striker, indispensable Surgeon, calculating Engineer, or valiant Warden. All four classes have their own unique strengths, weapons, and ultimate abilities. Players can also customize their class as they level up. Upgrading each class’ abilities will allow for the creation of many unique builds. Players can even combine class types to create the most effective team.
Built For Locomotion
You can’t have a proper discussion about a VR game without talking about the mechanics around locomotion. One of the key aspects of any VR game, especially a combat-focused one, is how players will navigate the world. Evasion will empower gamers to walk, run and dive into battle with incredible locomotion freedom. Archiact’s goal is to deliver free movement that VR gamers crave. Players can choose from highly crafted locomotion modes designed for Evasion’s FPS gameplay that can be customized for their own play style and comfort level.
While Evasion is nearing its debut sometime early this year, the following features will be included at release:
- Action packed and high-intensity sci-fi shooter gameplay
- Co-operative Campaign for 1-4 players
- Total immersion with “next-gen” full body avatars powered by IKinema
- Authentic FPS locomotion options for the most realistic VR combat experience
- Powerful class-based gameplay with customizable ability upgrades
- Best in-class physics & destruction, enhanced for the Intel® Core™ i7 and i9 processors
- Highly replayable missions with randomized objectives & enemy encounters
- Spectacular Unreal Engine visuals & 3D Spatial Audio brings combat to life
- Coming to HTC Vive & Oculus Rift early 2018
For more information about Evasion and how excited the team at Archiact are about having been selected as Intel’s next big VR showcase title, head on over to their website and stay tuned for more upcoming news right here at TL;DR Games.