These Are All The Changes Coming To Warframe's Nightwave Series 2
Warframe's Nightwave is getting some changes in the next Series. While Digital Extremes had always said the development of Nightwave would be an ongoing process, it is great to see some of the changes that are being implemented. For many players, Nightwave just required too much work to be fully enjoyable, and a fear of missing out robbed a lot of enjoyment from people.
Changes to the next series will include removing certain missions, including the ones that required friends or clanmates to complete. So, good news for you Lone Tennos out there.
Upcoming Changes For Nightwave Series 2
Missed Acts Will Be Stored
In the next Series, if you miss an Act from one week, it will be stored instead of disappearing forever. When you complete all the Acts the following week, you will be able to replay a missed Act from the previous week. If you have more than one missed Act, you will be able to play through them all. This is great, as it stops people feeling like they need to log on or miss out.
A major complaint that people had is that the Nightwave felt like too much of a grind. Next Series, there will be fewer Acts each week, but those Acts will provide the same amount of Nightwave points each week that we get now. Series 1 has 7 Weekly Acts and 3 Elite Weekly Acts. Series 2 will be reduced to 5 Weekly Acts and 2 Elite Weekly Acts.
Changes to Existing Acts
The following changes are being implemented for existing Acts;
- "With Clanmates / Friends" Act requirements have been removed completely
- Change 'Complete 5 Sorties' Elite Weekly to 'Complete 3 Sorties'
- Complete any '60 minute Survival' Act reduced to 30 minutes
- Ayatan Socket requirement for Acts lowered from 5 to 3
- ‘10 perfect conservations’ reduced to ‘6 different perfect conservations.’
- ‘10 Bounties’ reduced to ‘5 different Bounties’
- Increase the Sanctuary Onslaught Acts from 3 rounds to 8 rounds
The following new Acts are being introduced in Series 2;
- Find 5 Syndicate Medallions
- Transmute 12 Mods
- Deploy an Air Support Charge in a mission
- Pet your Kubrow or Kavat (Very Important)
- Complete 3 Kuva Siphon Missions
- Complete three different K-Drive races in Orb Vallis
- Complete a Spy mission using your Operator. Warframe cannot leave spawn room.
Series 2 will also feature a new story, although Digital Extremes is tight-lipped about what it will involve right now. Finally, the Wolf will go back to being a Hunter style threat, much like the Stalker. His parts will also still be acquirable.
As yet, we have no exact date for when Series 2 will begin, but it might just be when the new Jovian Concord update drops, although I imagine they will let the current Week of Acts playout before we switch over to the new Series. I'll keep you updated with any information I find out.