The generation six starters in Pokémon Go offer up some unique twists. These Pokémon match up with the traditional Fire, Water, and Grass-type options, but the final evolved forms have a secondary typing, meaning they have access to a wide variety of moves and even give players a few more choices when they consider what Pokémon to add to their roster. Delphox is one of those Pokémon.
Delphox is a Fire and Psychic-type Pokémon. It’s weak to Dark, Ghost, Ground, Rock, and Water-type moves, but it’s resistant to Fairy, Fighting, Fire, Grass, Ice, Psychic, and Steel-type attacks. It has a maximum CP of 3,059, an attack of 230, a defense of 189, and stamina of 181.
These are all of the moves Delphox can learn.
- Fire Spin (Fire-type) – 9 damage and 3.3 energy per turn (3 damage per turn(
- Scratch (Normal-type) – 4 damage and 2 energy per turn (4 damage per turn)
- Zen Headbutt (Psychic-type) – 8 damage and 2 energy per turn (2.6 damage per turn)
- Fire Blast (Fire-type) – 140 damage and 80 energy
- Flamethrower (Fire-type) – 90 damage and 55 energy
- Flame Charge (Fire-type) – 65 damage and 50 energy (100% chance to increase the user’s attack by one rank)
- Psychic (Psychic-type) – 90 damage and 55 energy (10% chance to lower an opponent’s defense by one rank)
Delphox is a decent variety of attack options. But the fast attack comes down to a fairly obvious choice. You can toss scratch out as it won’t offer too much variety and doesn’t fit Delphox’s overall typing. You can also get rid of zen headbutt as fire spin is a much better choice, both in damage and energy generation.
For the charge moves, you can get rid of fire blast. It’s one of the more powerful Fire-type attacks, but it requires so much energy, you wouldn’t be able to use it too often in PvP or a raid. You’re better off with a different Fire-type attack. The same goes for flamethrower. While it costs only slightly more than flame charge, the increase in attack every time you use it is a huge benefit. The second option will always be psychic, as it’s a solid Psychic-type move.
Overall, Delphox is a decent addition for you to use in the Pokémon Great or Ultra league. Without incinerate, it won’t be a huge addition, but it should do fine if you protect its weaknesses. Ensure it has fire spin as its fast move and flame charge and psychic as its charge moves.