After you’ve had your fun with the Little Cup in Pokémon Go, it’s to turn back the clock to revisit the first generation of Pokémon in the Kanto Cup. In it, trainers can only use Pokémon that come from the Kanto region, so that’s the original 151 Pokémon from the game. There are still a few restrictions to this league, such as no Pokémon can be above 1,500 CP, but so long as you have one of the original Pokémon, you can jump into the competition.
The Kanto Cup takes place from November 16 to 23. These are the best teams you can create to push ahead of the competition in the Kanto Cup.
Hypno, Dragonair, and Hitmonchan
Hypno will be one of the stronger choices for the Kanto Cup. You can expect to see it quite a bit, so you definitely want to use it when things are going well for you. You can pair it with Dragonair, and Hitmonchan, for some decent coverage against a variety of Pokémon. Hitmonchan’s punches that hit a variety of typings make it a great choice.
- Hypno: Confusion (fast move), shadow ball, and fire punch
- Dragonair: Dragon Breath (fast move), aqua tail, and dragon pulse
- Hitmonchan: Counter (fast move), ice punch, and thunder punch
Snorlax, Zapdos, and Dewgong
Everyone’s favorite sleepy Pokémon, Snorlax, won’t be caught asleep in this competition. It’s a great opportunity to use it, and if you pair it with Zapdos and Dewgong, you can expect to hit some nasty combos. Both Dewgong and Zapdos will be making regular appearances during the cup.
- Snorlax: Lick (fast move), superpower, and body slam
- Zapdos: Thunder shock (fast move), thunderbolt, and drill peck
- Dewgong: Ice shard (fast moev), icy wind, and water pulse
Dewgong, Vileplume, and Pidgeot
For those who can’t get enough of Dewgong and have a budget, you want to protect it from other Pokémon that can counter it. Vileplume will be the ace up your sleeve, and Pidgeot, with its new potential to learn gust, can provide it essential back up to grant you victories in this competition.
- Dewgong: Ice shard (fast move), icy wind, and water pulse
- Vileplume: Razor leaf (fast move), sludge bomb, and petal blizzard
- Pidgeot: Gust (fast move), brave bird, and aerial ace
Lapras, Victreebel (shadow), and Alolan Marowak
If you’ve been battling against Team Rocket leader Sierra enough times, you’ve probably caught a Lapras at this point, and using it in the Kanto Cup is a great time to utilize it. You can pair it with Victreebel (shadow) and Alolan Marowak to give it some extra presence.
- Lapras: Ice shard (fast move), surf, and skull bash
- Victreebel (shadow): Razor Leaf (fast move), leaf blade, and acid spray
- Alolan Marowak: Fire spin (fast move), shadow bone, and bone club
Hypno, Primeape, and Gengar
Because Hypno will be one of the best Pokémon to use in the Kanto League, we created a defined team to help it excel. Primeape should be a good option to give plenty of protection. Gengar will be able to protect Hypno against several of its weaknesses, too.
- Hypno: Confusion (fast move), fire punch, and shadow ball
- Primeape: Counter (fast move), close combat, and night slash
- Gengar: Shadow claw (fast move), shadow ball, and shadow punch