Dragon Quest Builders 2 is out today, and it has a day one update that you need to install if you wish to use the game’s online features. The update contains several bug fixes and updates to features within the game. If you keep your Switch connected to the internet, it should have updated automatically. If not, you need to follow the below steps to update the game.
How To Update Dragon Quest Builders 2
To update Dragon Quest Builders 2, complete the below steps:
- Connect the Nintendo Switch console to the internet.
- Return to the HOME Menu and launch the game.
- The update will download and install automatically.
- Once the update finishes installing, the newest version number will display on the title screen.
Update 1.6.1 Patch Notes
Once that is done, update 1.6.1 will have downloaded, and you can play the game. The update includes the below-listed changes:
- New DLC has been released.
- A new item has been added – “cast iron door.”
- The number of items that can be dyed has been increased.
- The bag’s capacity has been increased.
- The capacity of certain storage items (chests of drawers, wardrobes, armoires, etc.) has been increased.
- A “shallow mode” has been added to the upgraded bottomless pot.
- A password feature has been added to the Buildertopia search that allows you to recreate islands you’ve visited.
- Islanders recruited on Explorer’s Shores can now be renamed.
- The Millennium Buggy Buggy’s lights can now be switched on and off once the game has been completed.
- Friendly golem-type monsters can now be ridden.
- The icon size feature now also applies to icons used during combat.
- The stability of the game controls has been improved.
- Other miscellaneous fixes.