Making it through a city filled with zombies is no joke, and you will take some damage as you play through Resident Evil 3 Remake. You will most likely need to heal a lot, so in this guide, we will go through the game’s healing mechanics, and tell you everything you need to know.
You will also need to worry about parasites, a classic mechanic from the original game, but you will be happy to hear that dealing with them has been made much easier in the Resident Evil 3 Remake.
Herbs are how you will be healing yourself in the game. They can be found by just exploring the levels as you move through them. Check drawers, boxes, lockers, anything where the prompt appears that allows you to search. You can also find them in Safe Rooms, so be sure to check each one as you reach it.
Herbs can also be combined, to increase or change their effects.
- Green Herb – Restores a small amount of health and will cure a Parasite.
- Red Herb – has no use on its own, and must be combined with something else.
- Green Herb + Green Herb – Restores more health, also cures Parasite.
- Green Herb + Red Herb – Full health restore, cures Parasite.
- Green Herb + Green Herb + Green Herb – Full health restore, cure Parasite.
To combine items, open your Inventory, and highlight the item, select “Combine,” then click on the item you wish to combine it with. This is a great way to save space in your Inventory, so be sure to combine your herbs, and stack your ammo, to make sure you can always carry mission items.
You can also heal using First Aid Sprays, but these are quite rare compared to the herbs. They will heal fully when you use them. It is a good idea to hold on to them for boss fights, as they work quickly.