New Horizons comes with a lot of freebies available, players just need to go and get them.
Free stuff can be unlocked with the day-one update. QR codes from the previous games via the NookLink service, and from Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp. Nintendo has been creating hype for the release of New Horizons for a long time now including a big cross over event in the Pocket Camp mobile game. The mobile game has a lot of items available that players may want to move over onto their New Horizons island.
Moving items from Pocket Camp over to New Horizons is pretty simple:
- Open the menu in Pocket Camp and click on the “My Nintendo” button.
- Hit “Create/Link Nintendo Account” on the next screen.
- Login to your Nintendo account. Be sure to use the account you are planning on using for New Horizons. If you don’t have a Nintendo account yet making one is pretty simple, just follow the prompts on the screen.
- On the “My Nintendo” screen after you have signed in to your account, go to the “rewards” tab.
- There will be a special reward called “Animal Crossing: New Horizons Special Order Ticket + 50 Leaf Tickets” Click on it. This reward is free for everyone
- Once you redeem this item you will receive a redemption code for the Nintendo eShop
- Get on your Switch, make sure it has an internet connection, and open the eShop
- Down at the very bottom of the left panel is a tab that says “Enter Code” click on it.
- On the next screen enter the 16-digit code you got from Pocket Camp and hit A to confirm
- Start your copy of New Horizons and head over to Tom Nook’s tent. Go to the machine on the far right of the tent and interact with it.
- Click on “Nook Shopping” then “Promotions” and you will get access to a bunch of items from Pocket Camp. In the mobile game, you will also receive 50 leaf tickets.
Players of Pocket Camp can quickly collect all manner of goodies for New Horizons using these steps.