The ongoing pandemic has boosted the popularity of some pretty niche games, and Among Us is, uh, among them. The game takes inspiration from other social deduction games like Deceit, and despite being pretty minimalist on a visual level, it has managed to incite the interest of a large of players through its unique mechanics.
Among Us is available on Android, Windows, and iOS. As of now, there is no word on a console release, however, for people looking to play the game on MacOS, there is a workaround.
You can still play the game if you install Windows on your Mac device. Follow the steps given below to dual boot your Mac device with Windows using Boot Camp Assistant.
- Download the Windows 10 ISO file from here and save it at your desired location.
- Insert a USB stick with at least 5GB of available space. Make sure to disconnect any other external storage devices.
- Head on to to the Utilities folder and launch Boot Camp Assistant. It is recommended to check the Download the latest Windows support software for Apple and Install Windows checkboxes. You will need to locate the ISO file you downloaded in the first step and choose your USB stick in the next step.
- After that, you need to create a partition of your hard disk for Windows to use. Allocate as much space as you desire for Windows, but make sure it is at least 20GB.
- Follow the on-screen instructions, and Windows will be installed on your Mac device.
- Download Steam on your Windows partition from here.
- Once you have installed Steam, you can download Among Us from the Store.
The process is a bit lengthy and might be confusing at first. However, it is very streamlined once you have the ISO downloaded, since most of the steps are given on-screen itself. It is definitely worth installing Windows on your Mac device if you use it for gaming, considering only a handful of games support Mac.