Suppose you are playing through Xuan-Yuan Sword VII for the first time. In that case, chances are you are wondering why your sword hits like a wet noodle against dire wolves and demons alike. This means you are missing out on a key feature of the game. You were probably waiting to find a workshop or a blacksmith to upgrade your weapons, but surprisingly, it doesn’t work like that. Here’s how to upgrade your weapons, armor, and accessories in Xuan-Yuan Sword VII.
- Your first step is to get supplies. You can do this by killing wolves or breaking pots scattered around the map. It’s pretty similar to Link collecting rupees in a Zelda game. You will need a wide assortment of materials to upgrade your crafting capabilities. For example, you need two pinewood and five bronze to upgrade your weapon workshop to level one.
- This step is optional, but you can buy most of your missing supplies from traders scattered around the towns. This is much more efficient than running around looking for one material, as you should have an abundance of gold anyway.
- Now you will need to open your Elysium to start upgrading your workshops. To do this, press the Back button on console or O on PC, then scroll over to the Elysium tab.
- Click on the workshop you want to upgrade and hold down your action button to complete the selection.
- Now you can open the workshop and upgrade the items for that workshop.
Now all you need to do is farm more items and level up to unlock more upgrades for your character. We suggest trying your best to break every pot and statue you can find along your journey, as the resources you get from them are always useful.