The new update for Legends of Runeterra is the Rising Tides, focused on the maritime folk, with plenty of new water-based creatures and Champions for players to venture after. The Rising Tides update also includes the addition to brand new keywords. These keywords revolve around new mechanics happening in the game that players can use to their advantage and can expect to see, which creates a new gameplay landscape and alters predetermined metas.
The six keywords
These are the new keywords you can expect to encounter in Legends of Runeterra. They introduce new mechanics to the card game, giving you new tools of how you want to use your decks.
- Attune: When this particular card is summoned they refill 1 spell mana.
- Cards with this attached to them are what you want to utilize when adding a unit to your line up, but keep your smaller spells in stock and available. The new region, Bilgewater, has plenty of available spell cards that can make this happen, overwhelming unsuspecting foes.
- Deep: This card has +3|+3 when your deck goes below 15 or fewer cards.
- You’ll find that most cards that have Deep attached to them synergize with the Toss one. The goal is to utilize Toss and Deep together, bringing out your stronger, sea-based creatures. Most of the cards with Deep will also have the Sea Monster subtype.
- Plunder: A card with the plunder ability is triggered if you damage the enemy’s Nexus during this round.
- You can expect to see cards with Plunder attached to them plenty of times when messing with Bilgewater decks. It’s a common phrase where those who use it will attempt to slowly pick away an enemy’s Nexus, slowly lowering those numbers until they can surge forward and bring it zero. You need to endure and try to prevent the Plunder card from activating, utilizing any form of disruption available to you.
- Scout: The first time only Scout units attack each round, you can ready your attack.
- Those who use Scout can attempt to clear the way for their more durable cards, and doubled with those that use Plunder. You can expect to see an enemy’s Nexus reaching zero in no time. Don’t be surprised if you see plenty of scouts attached to a Miss Fortune deck because she can utilize them to double-down on her use of Plunder.
- Toss: Obliterated X non-champions from your the bottom of your deck.
- Those who use Toss can expect to utilize their Deep cards. It assists in removing your less used cards to bring your stronger hitters to the forefront, and when you reach below 15 cards in your deck, your Deep units become even more powerful.
- Vulnerable: An enemy can challenge this unit, forcing it to block.
- What better way to force a unit into combat than challenging them to fight? You can also use a Vulnerable card with plenty of Plunder units, utilizing your way of eliminating an enemy Nexus.
With over 60 new cards coming to the Bilgewater region, and five champions, you can expect to see these new keywords in your battles against other players. You may want to start crafting a new deck from one of your old favorites to work with and against these new Bilgewater cards. While there are only six new keywords, they add a new spectrum to the game.