Change is a constant in Warframe, where updates are regular, and hotfixes even more so. The recent update, The Old Blood, introduced the Kuva Lich to the game. This personalized enemy will hunt you down in missions, it’s a long and complicated process to kill it. If you don’t want anything to do with that new content, the way it is initiated is now far more opt-in than it was previously. You will need to mercy kill a Larvling from now on, not just kill it.
Grendel is also getting some changes, so if you have been enjoying playing as the newest, hungriest Warframe, be sure to check out those changes before you head off on your next mission. Find the full patch notes from hotfix 26.0.5 below.
The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.5
We have added an option to enable a faster method for Warframe to send frames to Windows which should improve framerate for Borderless Fullscreen and Windowed display modes.
On a laptop with a GTX 1650 running at 720p, a view from the Vallis elevator rose the framerate from 199 to 215 FPS with this option; the gains might be even more significant when playing at high-resolution.
Look for this option under the Display settings panel (Note: it does require restarting the game after changing).
Unfortunately, this option is only available on Windows 10 and may require Windows updates to enable (the Windows 10 Fall Creator’s Update in 2017 optimized out a frame of latency with this method).
Note that Native-Fullscreen and console platforms do not need this optimization because there’s no desktop window to composite the frame onto in those cases.
As a bonus this option should also improve our Dynamic Resolution optimizations when Vertical Sync is enabled because it allows us to get accurate GPU timings again; for more information on this see https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1040892-max-framerate/We need testing and feedback, especially from Streamers and Content Creators, to ensure this option works with their software (since they intercept the frame we send to Windows and this option changes that process). Ideally after some broader testing we can enable it by default and everyone can benefit.
Kuva Lich Phase 2 Changes & Fixes:
- Larvling Lich creation is now a true opt-in mechanic. Some people want to see the world drown in Kuva and others just want to live a Lich free life! For those that don’t want to be hounded by a Kuva Lich, we’ve changed the way Larvlings are killed in order to attain a Kuva Lich. Larvlings will have the same pre-death setup as Thralls, except the Mercy action is only available to the player who damaged them last. At that point you either walk up and press X to initiate the Mercy (required for Kuva Lich creation), or just walk away and leave them to eventually die on their own after 15 seconds, thus opting out of Kuva Lich creation.
- Changed the Murmur progress UI to display multiple rings to indicate which Hint you are currently working towards:
- Progress ring for Hint 1, progress and middle ring for Hint 2, progress and both inner rings for Hint 3
- Naramon’s Disarming Blast will no longer affect the Kuva Lich. This resulted in the Kuva Lich being literally stripped of its body (how scandalous) and forcing them to use a Sheev, thus breaking them completely.
- Requiem Relics obtained from a Thrall Mercy will display as a banner in the UI, similar to Argon, Toroids, etc for maximum exposure!
- Fixed ALL players receiving Kuva Lich Requiem Murmur progress whenever someone in the squad fails to kill their Kuva Lich instead (is only meant to apply to the player that did the failing). While all Thralls share Requiem Murmurs, the Lich entity itself is exclusive to a player. This also fixes receiving Requiem Murmur progress when successfully killing a Kuva Lich – only failure/testing of your Requiem on a Kuva Lich will grant Murmur progress.
- Fixed ability to spawn more than the maximum amount of Thralls per mission if you leave them waiting for Mercy. Literally.
- Fixed a crash that occurred if you perform a Mercy and then some time later a Kuva Lich performs a finisher/throw on you.
- Fixed ability to equip Taxed Mods that were displayed as new to your Inventory on your Parazon. After this Hotfix you’ll see them vanish as they’ve been properly Taxed by your Lich from which you must get them back!
- Fixed certain cases where players would see an incorrect LOHK Requiem Mod in their known Requiems (sometimes appearing as a duplicate). It should be replaced by a correct Requiem Mod now.
- Fixed Thralls being immune to Status procs.
- Fixed Arcanes attempting to display as Mods when recovered from a Kuva Lich.
- Further fixes towards Turrets and Security Cameras spawning as Thralls.
- Fixed missing Kuva Larvling death sounds.
- Fixed a script error on the End of Mission screen when an Ayatan Sculpture gets Taxed from a Kuva Lich.
- Fixed a loss of functionality when returning from a mission after Vanquishing or Converting a Kuva Lich.
- Fixed a script error when logging out during a Kuva Lich transmission.
Melee Phase 2 Changes & Fixes:
Continued fixes and changes to Melee Phase 2 with more to come:
- Fixed ground slamming without anyone around as Client counting as a melee strike, which refreshes the Melee Combo Counter.
- Fixed Client Initial Combo modifier not working correctly.
- Fixed players unable to see Melee slam animation pose for other players.
- Fixed Gladiator Mod Set Bonus not applying correctly.
- Fixed Weeping Wounds Mod not applying its bonus correctly.
Grendel Changes & Fixes:
- Grendel can now cast Nourish while Pulverize is active – to which we’ve added a new sound!
- Grendel Feast expel deals increased damage based on the number and level of enemies. Also deals the same damage as a radial AoE.
- Grendel Regurgitate damage radius increased from 3/3/3/3 to 3/4/5/5 and increased damage scaling.
- Grendel Pulverize no longer ends when he runs out of consumed targets, instead it starts draining Energy like Ember’s Immolation.
- Grendel also gets extra acceleration for Pulverize if he uses Nourish during it.
- Added sound to when Grendel stumbles due to running out of Energy.
- Fixed Grendel having fast legs after using Pulverize.
- Changed Swift Momentum and Empowered Blades Mods description from Charged Attacks/Charged Attack Speed to Heavy Attacks/Heavy Attack Windup Speed.
- Tweaked Melee sounds for Scythe, Nunchaku, and Hammer weapons.
- Further tweaks for Titania’s Empress Razorwing Skin to address cloth issues.
- If a Mod is rewarded during an Endless Mission, the ‘Battle or Extract’ screen will now display how many of that Mod you currently own.
- Improved the Clan Emblem Removal Inbox message to provide more clarity.
- Removed overzealous blockers preventing players from going fast. As reported here: https://old.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/drwatr/cant_go_through_most_if_not_all_of_these_corner/
- Fixed some players not being able to purchase the Vasca Kavat Starter Kit.
- Fixed a few places where players would get stuck where they would previously be able to move freely (i.e. launching Archwing in Plains or the Mastery Rank 25 test).
- Fixed some NPCs crouch-walking preventing their pathing from being completed in some cases.
- Fixed Mods given during an Endless Void Fissure mission covering up the timer on the UI.
- Fixed the Mining success UI appearing to have a blocky FX.
- Fixed Emblems appearing incorrectly when equipped on a Sentinel Skin.
- Fixed Submersible water clipping through levels where there’s no swimming allowed.
- Fixed a crash when placing a waypoint on certain objects.