Bring a Warm Coat for Frostpunk's Release on April 24th
11 Bit Studios has announced the release date for Frostpunk for April 24, 2018. The announcement includes a brand new trailer, defiantly named “Serenity” in stark contrast to the game’s harsh, frigid reality.
The spiritual successor to This War of Mine will land on PCs in a digital version, at Steam, GOG.com, and Humble Store, for the price of $29.99 USD and retail version for the suggested price of $34.99 USD in the form of a special “Victorian Edition”. This special edition includes the “New London – The Art of Frostpunk” hardcover book which shows off the beautifully crafted artwork and concept images from Frostpunk’s icy interior.
The general gist of Frostpunk is to manage the remaining society on earth after things have taken a turn for the worse. Resources are scarce and you will have to make some tough decisions in order for your people to survive.
- Build a city powered by steam to oppose the overwhelming cold
- Establish laws and rules that govern the last bastion of humanity
- Heat is life – harness its power
- Secure crucial resources in a time of need
- Explore the frozen wastelands for knowledge, survivors, and supplies
- Make the best decisions, in the worst circumstances
If that sounds like a challenge you’re up for, you can find out more information at the official Frostpunk website to prepare yourself for the launch on April 24, 2018.