67 Best Fallout 4 Mods 2018 For Graphics, Performance, Weapons, Crafting, And More
Fallout 4 has tons of mods, and in this guide you will get the list of Best mods sorted under different categories such as Unofficial Patch, Cheat Terminal, Game UI Tweaks, Character Customization, Armor & Suits, Items, Perks and Supplies, Weapon, Backpack, Workshop, Building, Settlements, In-Game Environments, New Locations, Quest & NPC.
The best part is that almost all the mods listed below are updated in 2017 and 2018, so you won’t have to struggle with old buggy ones. Do refer to the download page and the comments of users before installing them so that you are aware about the active bugs and glitches users are facing or any important information associated with installation of the mod.
Fallout 4 List Of 67 Best Mods To Try In 2018
In this guide you will get list of top 60 plus various mods, tweaks, weapons, settlements, etc for Fallout 4. They are sorted in different categories that will help you to locate them fast in long guide.
Unofficial Patch - UFO4P
NexusMods and Bethesda.net both offers UFO4P - Unofficial Fallout 4 patch for Xbox One and PC. The patch solves hundreds of issues associated with gameplay, NPC, quest, object, items, etc. It has been introduces a couple of years ago and is still active.
Cheat Terminal Mod
Cheat Terminal brings a lot of feature to the game like God Mode, Infinite Ammo, Infinite Carry Weight, Infinite Ap, etc. Below you can read the full list of features. The mod is available for PC and Xbox One.
- God Mode
- Infinite Ammo/Carry Weight/AP
- Easy Lockpicking
- One Shot Kill
- Always Get Critical Hits/Get Epic Items
- Increase Chem Strength
- Perfect VATS Accuracy
- Change Weather
- Edit Character Anywhere
- Spawn Workbenches
- Containers to Hold Items in your Inventory
- Add Caps/Weapons + DLC Weapons/Ammunition/Armor/Clothing/Weapon + Armor Mods/Legendary Effects to Weapons + Armor/Crafting Materials/SPECIAL Points/Perk Points/Levels (Instant Level-Up)/Perk Magazines/Misc Magazines (Paintjobs, Workshop Items etc.)/Quest Items (Technical Documents etc.)/S.P.E.C.I.A.L Points
- Teleport to Dev Testing Locations (QASmoke)
- Teleport to Custom Markers
- Teleport to Automatron Locations
- Teleport to Far Harbor Locations
- Spawn Creature Companions
- Spawn Settlers & More.
Game UI Tweaks & Mod Tools
For advance level game tweaks and mod configuration you can try 5 tools depending on your requirements. These tools offers you to get all the settings associated with Mods at one place, along with managing games settings also. Below is the list with a short description. Click the mod name links to view the original download page and detailed information.
- Mod Configuration Menu - Central location for mod configuration, access through Pause menu.
- Mod Organizer 2 - Want to test various mods, then this tools offers you a single platform to add and remove in a reliable way.
- LevelUpMenuEx - New Menu that will allow you to add new perks and skills in the game, you can also remove classic perks using this mod.
- Game Configuration Menu - Modify any game settings through this menu from one place.
- Realistic Conversations Fallout 4 - Makes NPC’s clever.
Character Customization Mods
There are two best mods we found you can choose in the game is Ponytail Hairstyles and KS Hairdos. The first one add 32 new standalone hairstyle is available for Xbox One. The second is again a hairstyle mod but brings around 725 different styles on PC.
Armor & Suits Mod
Under the Armor mods there are two mods you can try if you had not yet tested anything. They are Armorsmith Extended & BodySlide and Outfit Studio. Both are extended tools that allow you to manipulate body armor and do tons of changes. Go with the second one if you want to do more like completely customizing outfits and bodies without editing mesh files. The mod offers slider based UI that allows you to adjust persona shapes. I had also listed some good Suits you can try if you want to go with ready-to-use solution.
- NCR Veteran Ranger Armor (Xbox1)
- Servitron - Companion
Items, Perks and Supplies Mods
I am adding some useful mods that can help you to gather more or even unlimited amount of supplies easily in Fallout 4. The mods are suitable for items like weapons, ammos, armor, power armor, etc. All listed mods works differently offering you various features to use. But they are not available for all platforms. So you can try the useful ones on the basis of available platform.
- Spawn Items (Xbox One): Spawn all kinds of items in the game whenever you want. Works with Weapons, Ammos, Armor & Power Armor, consumables, crafting materials, supplies, NPC, Enemies, Targeting HUD, All resistance, SPECIAL, Perks, Magazine and etc.
- Choose Your Own Perk (PS4): Just read the perk from a book to collect it, start reading from lowest to highest.
- FreeMaker (PS4): Similar to Spawn items, this one allows you to product items without the requirement of a material or a perk. Work with Automatron, Far Harbor and Nuka World DLC’s.
- Unlimited Crafting Supplies Container (Xbox One): The mod adds a chest outside Vault 111 in the back of car that gives you unlimited crafting/building materials.
- Militarized Minutemen (PC): Get dozes of modular military themed clothing items, you can also install Leveled List version that add a Level system. Items are unlocked on the basis of leveling up. Unit you will get are Infantry, Rangers, Recon, Cavalry, Field Medics, etc.
Mods To Tweak Maps
There are ample of mods that work on the map part of Fallout 4, but I am listing only two of them which are widely downloaded and used. One of them is Improved Map With Visible Roads for Xbox One, the mod enhances roads, train tracks and topography, and you will see corrected placement map markers and little bit of enhancements. The second one is Fixed Alpha Maps, which just works on the alpha maps.
Fallout 4 has tons of mods for weapons, some of them offer you customization, new weapons, etc. I tried to bring the list of best one with short description what they do. You can add Pistols, Rifles, Machine Gun and Weapon Mods from the below list, ample of them are updated in year 2017 & 2018.
- Modern Firearms for Xbox One & for PC: Scrap Guns and use the parts to modify others.
- See Through Scopes Xbox One: Add short and medium range scope you can see through called as Combat Scopes.
- Any Mod Any Weapon: Randomizes weapons of the enemies.
- Weapon Jiggle Remover: Remove fire juggle animation.
- HK G36 Complex Constructable Mods and Addons: Add-ons to the G36 Complex.
Machine Gun Mod:
- M60 Light Machinegun: M60 LMG with custom animation.
- MK14 EBR Xbox One & PC: Fully customization Battle Rifle.
- RU556 - Assault Rifle: Adds RU556 with custom animation & sounds.
- Modular Simonov PTRS-41 Anti-Tank Rifle Xbox One: Adds three rifles PTRS-41, Chinese Anti-Power Armor & QBU-76-20 'Black Shark in the game.
- Alien Assault Rifle: Adds the futuristic rifle in the game.
- Heckler und Koch - G36 Complex
- Service Rifle: Rifle from Fallout New Vegas based on Legendary M16 Platform.
- AQUILA - Laser Rifle: Sci-fi weapon.
- FACTOR - Modular Rifle: Highly customizable with Electric Discharge or long-range railgun, HE sounds or Silent murders.
- Lee Enfield No.4 Mk.1 - Britain's Finest
- Elysium AK
- LAER (Laser Assisted Electrical Rifle): Electrolaser-based weapon that gains bonus damage against Robots and Power armor users. The weapon carries ability to shutdown or paralyzes enemies with critical attacks.
- WWII Colt 1911 Of Freedom Xbox One
- Colt 6520 10mm pistol
- Beretta M9-FS Pistol (92FS)
- Glock 86 - Plasma Pistol
There is a single mod that can help you to get more from the regular Backpack. The mod adds new Backpack system to the Commonwealth. The mod offer you 15 unique backpacks, 50 workbench mods, 40 color, etc.
Workshop activates the crafting system in the game, there are some mod’s that add more functionality and extend the crafting possibilities.
- Workshop Framework: Faster more stable workshop scripts.
- Faster Workshop (Workshop Lag Fix): Optimize Workshop loading time.
- Workshop Plus: God Mode of Workshop creates anything anywhere.
Settlement is a core component of Fallout 4, at the very beginning of the game you will start with setting up your base camp in the destroyed world. So there are many things you have to do here, but you can save your time by using some mods. Check the list below.
- Place Anywhere Xbox One: Place objects in red zone, move, rotate and resize.
- No Build Limit PS4: Remove all the build limits in all base game settlements.
- Scrap That Settlement PS4: Scrap everything except roads, building, telephone poles, cliff, light sources, markers, etc.
- USO Base Game PS4: Unlock Settlement Object in basic settlement building mod.
You can get more from the building system by using Settlement mods. These mods brings ready to use packed feature for creating various settlements. You don’t really have to construct everything manually.
- Sim Settlements: Create detailed, living places with less effort, every building has multiple upgrade level that can be unlocked.
- Sim Settlements - Rise of the Commonwealth: Force your settler to build and upgrade the settlements. You can put settlers in charge of construction.
- Sim Settlements Mega Pack - Year One: 100 Building Plans along with 11 new plans that unlocks with DLC.
- Sim Settlements - IDEK's Logistics Station: Get an Industrial plot that automate supplies and enhances settlements resource sharing with additional features.
- Wasteland Venturers 2 - Sim Settlements Addon Pack: 31 or more plots from Sim Settlements.
Mods for Tweaking the In-Game Environments
You can bring various seasons, enhance textures, animation or even add NPC creatures and monsters using the listed mods below to tweak the game environment and make it more happening.
- Better Graphics And Weather - NO DLC (PS4): Improve graphics and weather in game.
- Enhanced Blood Textures Basic (Xbox One): High resolution blood decals.
- Advanced Animation Framework (AAF): Tools for modders to customize animation/posses from the internal packs, also control additional behaviour, UI Elements, etc.
- True Storms: Wasteland Edition (Xbox One): Complete overhaul storm system with intense sound effects and lot more.
- SimpleGreen - SimpleSeasons 'Spring' (PS4): Change look of the grass and trees to reflect four seasons.
- Winter Overhaul: Winter Season, get snow textures on surrounding, terrain, weather, etc.
Mods to add New Locations, Quest & NPC
In this final section of the list you can find mods that can extend your game by offering you more. Like adding new quest, extra features and NPC’s.
- Unique NPCs - Creatures and Monsters of the Commonwealth: Add variety of NPC creatures in the game. Get creatures of different size, shapes, species, sub-species, etc.
- Pack Attack NPC Edition - Gangs With Group Combat Tactics: This mode will apply a social combat AI to NPC Gang.
- Project Valkyrie: New massive quest with four custom and fully-voiced companions, 20 quest and alternate endings.
- Minutemen Takeover - Nuka World: Invade Nuka World with the minutemen.
- Fallout 4 Northern Springs DLC: Get new location bigger than Nuka World and Far Harbor. Get new quest, new weapons, armors, settlements, etc.
Hope the comprehensive list of mods will help you find a lot of tweaks in one place. Depending on what you are looking for you scan through the sections above and try out the mod. Remember the mods are not official files and there are possible chance of game crash and bugs, do backup everything before doing any changes.
More updates coming soon