How To Turn On Unlimited Save In Kingdom Come Deliverance Without Saviour Schnapps
Kingdom Come Deliverance save data system is a bit annoying for players as it requires you to use a Saviour Schnapps potion. At the start, you will get around three of them. The second way to get it is by crafting and third by buying with in-game currency. Another way to save game is by sleeping but it is risky as you can fail in time-sensitive tasks. Fortunately, there is a mod that removes this annoying problem. Through this Unlimited Saving mod by Nexusmods, you can save your game whenever you want without spending Saviour Schnapps. A guide to using this mode is published on Steam first, by user Gaston LeGume. We are adding important steps from the same here and if you want to know more you can click on the source link below. You can also down the mods from below.
Note: Warning, use the files at your own risk, these are not official there are chances your game might stop working. Always backup the default files before replacing anyone.
How To Use Unlimited Saving Mod (Save Without Saviour Schnapps)
You can download Kingdom Come Deliverance Unlimited Saving mod from Nexusmods.com. There are two main files. One is No Schnapps version mod where you don't require any of the potions to save the game. And in the second file, you will need atleast one Schnapps in your inventory to save the game. Once you had downloaded the mods you have to use them by following the below steps.
- Download the mod file. Pick one from No Schnapps or Single Schnapps version.
- Go to the following location " C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\KingdomComeDeliverance\"
- Look for Data folder and extract the content of mod file in.
To use the mod launch the game. Then press Escape key and save the game. There is no need to drink Savior Schnapps from the inventory. So all you have to do is hit the escape key to save the game.
How To Remove The Mod?
In case you are not happy with the mod you can get rid of it, you will have to go in your SteamLibrary folder. The location is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\KingdomComeDeliverance\. Go to data folder and look for the below two files. Delete them, if you had copied the Data folder somewhere you can just copy it back on it.
How To Remove Savior Schapps Save Manually
There is a second way to remove Savior Schapps Save, it can be done manually by modifying the in-game files. But this can be too risky because this can lead to game crash still if you want to test you can try out the steps below at your own risk. For this process, you will need two software's 7-Zip archiver and Notepad++ editor.
- Go to C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common.
- Look for KingdomComeDeliverance folder and open Data.
- First backup Gamedata.pak file. Copy it and save it somewhere we will be editing this file, in case the game crash or something happens you can restore this file back.
- Next right click on Gamedata.pak file > 7-zip > Open Archive.
- Go to location Libs\UI\UIActions\. In this folder look for MM_SaveGame.xml file. Double click on this and choose Notepad++ to open it.
- Go down and on line 67 you will find the following code: <Inputs SaveType="2" OverwriteSaveId="-1" UsePotion="1" />. Modify the UserPotion value to "0".
- Go to line 70 and repeat the same process, you just have to change the UsePotion vale to "0".
- Save the file, and close it. 7-Zip will ask you to save changes select "Yes".
Now launch the game and test it out, see whether the save potion is required by the game or not. In case there is problem while starting you can replace the Gamedata.pak back to its original location. The above settings will be wiped off.
Common Errors And Fixes If You Use NexusMods
1. Cannot Launch Game Or Save Or Load: The error is due to corrupt profile folder. You will get an error "[PlayerProfiles] CGameContext::StartGame User 'Name' has no active profile!". To fix this go to C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games. Look for Kingdom Come Deliverance folder and copy the profile folder from it. Once you save it somewhere, delete the "profile" and "saves" folder and launch the game.
2. Game freeze on "Game Saved" Screen: Just save and restart the game.
3. Lockpicking randomly stops: Restart the game.
4. Save games capped at 300: Try to clear out some old save games and then try back. It has reported there is max 300 saves the game allows after that it might give you the error. Go in: \Users\USERNAME\Saved Games and open Kingdom Come Deliverance folder. You will find saves folder here. Copy the entire files from this some other location and delete a few from it. Launch the game and test the save.
With the help of simple mod you can get rid of Savior Schapps Save in Kingdom Come Deliverance. The mod way is the easiest because you have to put the mod file and done, if you don't want to use it then there is a manual way also. Try the steps and do share in the comments below which one works for you.