Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Perks Guide
Any good Call of Duty games is going to come with an array of perks players are going to have the option to use during a multiplayer match. These are going to determine what type of combat they're going to be able to do in the game. The newest Modern Warfare title is no different, and there are plenty of new perks to choose from along with plenty of old ones making a return. Here is the array of perks available to players in the latest Call of Duty: Modern Warfare game.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Perks Guide
Players are going to have three slots available to them in the game. Each of the slots comes with a different series of perks a player can choose to attach to their character. These different slots prevent players from doubling-down on certain passives, but also to ensure players get a variety of choices and playstyle to their game.
The development team, Infinity Ward, may introduce additional perks through the lifetime of the game. These are the ones we know about so far, but there could be additional ones introduced during the first few weeks of the game. You can expect the list to grow with new DLC and expansion packs.
Here are the perks we know about so far and their respective slots:
- Double Time: Your character has triple the duration of their Super Sprint, and this gets fully refreshed following a kill.
- E.O.D: Your character takes reduced damage from non-killstreak explosives and any fires. You can hack enemy claymores, proximity mines, and their C4.
- Scavenger: You can resupply your ammunition from dead players, allies, and foes.
- Tracker: The enemy team leaves behind small trails of where they've been and have death markers. Your character's crouch movement speed goes up by 30 percent.
- Tune-Up: Your character's charge rate of field upgrades increases by 50 percent.
- Ghost: You are undetectable by UAVs, Radar Drones, Heartbeat Sensors, and the High-Alert perk. This perk also hides the death markers of enemies you kill.
- Hardline: Your character's killstreaks take one less kill to complete.
- Kill Chain: The killstreaks you earn during your current life earn credit for the other killstreaks you have.
- Overkill: Your character can carry two primary weapons at the same time.
- Restock: Your equipment recharges after 30 seconds.
- Amped: Your character has a faster weapon swap and can reload their rocket launcher faster.
- Battle Hardened: Your character has reduced enemy flash, stun, and EMP effects.
- Cold-blooded: Your character is undetectable by enemy AI targeting systems and thermal optics, and they're immune to snapshot grenades.
- High-Alert: Your character's vision pulses whenever an enemy sees you, and you cannot see them in your field of view.
- Shrapnel: Your character spawns with an extra piece of lethal equipment. Your explosive damage delays enemy health regeneration, too.
- Spotter: You can see enemy equipment, field upgrades, and killstreaks through walls, allowing you to mark them for your allies when your character is aiming down sights.
You can expect to see this list expand when the game releases on Oct. 25. For now, these are the perks we're aware of and preparing for players to manage when they launch into the game on the first day. If there are additional perks, we're going to update this list and make sure we the options outlined for everyone to view.
Remember, you can only have one perk active from each tree. You're going to want to think about this when creating your ideal character for the multiplayer portion of the game, which is a significant chunk of the Call of Duty appeal. Plenty of players are eager to jump back into it.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare releases on Oct. 25 for the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and the PC through the Blizzard launcher Battle.net.