The Charge Up event in Pokémon gives Electric-type Pokémon their time to shine for trainers to capture them during the event and evolve their favorite choices. It starts on March 16 at 10 AM and continues until the 22 at 8 PM in your local time zone. There’s also going to be plenty of opportunities for players to catch the new Pokémon for the event, Tynamo, an Eleictric-type that’s making its Pokémon Go debut. You’ll be able to find it in the wild, one-star raids, or hatch it from 5km eggs. There’s also a new legendary Pokémon, Therian Forme Thundurus, that you can battle in five-star raids. This legendary Pokémon will be appearing in five-star raids starting on March 16, and until the 29. If you’re keen on taking on this powerful Pokémon, gather up a group of friends to take it down. It’s going to be a tougher fight than the Incarnate Forme Thundurus.
The Charge Up event also features a timed research task all players can complete. These tasks will center around the Electric-type Pokémon appearing in the event, and rewards evolution items so players can evolve Tynamo, and their other Electric-type Pokémon.
All Charge Up timed research tasks and rewards
These are all of the tasks and rewards available for the Charge Up event.
- Catch 5 Electric-type Pokémon – Pikachu encounter
- Evolve a Pokémon – Voltorb encounter
- Power up Pokémon 5 times – 10 Poké Balls
Rewards: 10 Ampharos Mega Energy, 1 Unova Stone, and a Tynamo encounter
- Make 3 nice throws in a row – Magnemite encounter
- Make 3 curveball throws – Magnemite encounter
- Make 3 great throws – Magnemite encounter
Rewards: 10 Magnetic Mega Energy, 1 Sinnoh Stone, and a Magneton encounter
- Use 7 berries to help catch Pokémon – 10 Pokéballs
- Evolve 3 Electric-type Pokémon – Electabuzz encounter
- Power up Pokémon 10 times – 3 Razz berries
Rewards: 15 Ampharos Mega Energy, 1 Unova Stone, and a Porygon encounter
- Transfer 15 Pokémon – 10 Pokéballs
- Evolve 5 Electric-type Pokémon – Jolteon encounter
- Power up Pokémon 5 times – Manectric encounter
Rewards: 15 Manectric Mega Energy, a Unove stone, and a Tynamo encounter