Every month, various field research tasks players receive from visiting PokéStops and Gyms in Pokémon Go. These tasks give players a simple activity to do in the game, and upon completing that activity, it provides them a reward. These typically provide trainers with a chance to encounter a specific Pokémon. If you’re on the hunt for a certain one, you’ll be able to find one without having to find them in a particular region.
March 2021 has several Pokémon players can capture, and many of them feature several from the Kanto Region, and there are a handful of Dragon-types. There are not as many as there were in February, but nearly all of them have their shiny versions activated, so if any players want to try earning a new shiny Pokémon, these field research tasks are an excellent way to try and farm them.
Here are all of the field research tasks you can complete in March 2021.
- Catch 5 Pokémon – Ledyba
- Catch 10 Pokémon – Magikarp
- Catch 5 Pokémon with a Weather Boost – Vulpix or Poliwag
- Catch 10 Bug-type Pokémon – Yanma
- Catch a Dragon-type Pokémon – Dratini
- Defeat 2 Team Rocket grunts – Nuzleaf
- Earn 5 hearts with your buddy – Ducklett
- Evolve a Pokémon – Wurmple or Eevee
- Make 3 Excellent throws in a row – Gible
- Make 3 Great throws – Gastly, Lileep, or Anorith
- Make 3 Great throws in a row – Onix
- Make 5 Great curveball throws in a row – Spinda
- Make 5 Nice throws – Voltorb
- Power up a Pokémon 5 times – Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle
- Send 3 gifts to friends – Porygon
- Take a snapshot of a Electric-type Pokémom – Eletrike
- Trade a Pokémon – Swellow
- Use 5 berries to help catch a Pokémon – Skiploom
- Use an incense – Alolan Grimer
- Win 5 raids – Aerodactyl
- Win a raid – Larvitar
- Win in a level three raid or higher – Omanyte or Kabuto
- Win in the Battle Go League – Swinub
By completing one of these tasks every day in March, you’ll be able to unlock the research breakthrough Pokémon of the month after you complete seven in a row. For March 2021, Gible is the research breakthrough Pokémon.