The Sustainability Week event has arrived in Pokémon Go. From April 20 to 25, all players have the chance to encounter a variety of increased Pokémon spawns, such as Grimer, Drilbur, Ferroseed, Trubbish and a chance to encounter its new shiny version, and Binacle, who is making their debut in the mobile game. There will also be a timed research series of tasks everyone can complete to receive helpful items to use during the event, along with more chances to encounter Trubbish and Binacle.
Niantic is also giving players the chance to unlock more rewards during the event with the Niantic Sustainability Campaign. Through the Sustainability Week event, players can submit pictures on social media to clean up their community with the hashtag #SustainableWithNiantic and tagging @Nianticlabs on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. All of the rewards for the Sustainability Campaign will unlock on April 25 from 10 AM to 8 PM in your local time zone.
All Sustainability Week timed research tasks and rewards
These are all of the tasks and rewards for the Sustainability Week timed research in Pokémon Go.
- Use 5 berries to catch Pokémon – Oddish encounter
- Catch 7 Water-type Pokémon – Goldeen encounter
- Catch 7 Pokémon with Weather Boost – Bellsprout encounter
Rewards: Turtwig encounter, 1,000 XP, and 20 Venusaur Mega Energy
- Use 5 berries to catch Pokémon – Tangela Encounter
- Catch 5 different species of Grass-type Pokémon – Ferroseed encounter
- Send 5 gifts to friends – Phanpy encounter
Rewards: Grotle encounter, 1,000 XP, and 20 Venusaur Mega Energy
- Use 7 berries to catch Pokémon – Castform encounter
- Catch 40 Grass-type Pokémon – Diglett encounter
- Use an incense – Binacle encounter
Rewards: Venusaur encounter, 1,000 XP, and 60 Venusaur Mega Energy