The Tour: Kanto event is the 25th anniversary celebration of Pokémon, and it’s happening in Pokémon Go. It’s a ticketed event where players will be able to participate in a variety of Collection challenges, a research task to capture a shiny Ditto, a Masterwork research task to capture a shiny Mew, and battle against NPC trainers inspired by Pokémon Go players.
Alongside everything happening, there are also a variety of field research tasks you can acquire by interacting with Poké Stops and Gyms in your region. These are also a good way to capture some of the more elusive Pokémon you need to catch to complete your Collection challenges. These tasks will be available for everyone, so even if you’re not taking part in an event, you can complete these tasks to acquire some of the rarer Pokémon in the game.
All Tour: Kanto field research tasks and rewards
These are all of the Tour: Kanto field research tasks you can complete in Pokémon Go, and the rewards you receive.
- Catch 10 Pokemon – Tangela encounter
- Catch a Bellsprout – 20 Oddish candy
- Catch a Growlithe – 20 Vulpix candy
- Catch a Mankey – 20 Meowth candy
- Catch a Meowth – 20 Mankey candy
- Catch a Sandshrew – 20 Ekans candy
- Catch a Vulpix – 20 Growlithe candy
- Catch an Ekans – 20 Sandshrew candy
- Catch an Oddish – 20 Bellsprout candy
- Defeat a GO Tour Challenger – 500 stardust or 1,000 XP
- Defeat Go Tour Challengers
- Hatch an Egg
- Hatch 3 Eggs – Snorlax encounter
This guide is currently under construction.