Halo Infinite is undoubtedly one of the most anticipated launch titles for the Xbox Series X. It will be the latest entry in the storied Halo franchise, but you might have a few questions ahead of its release. For one, why is it called Infinite? Will it be an open-world game? Will you be able to go in a complete circle around a whole Halo ring? Or is it because there will be no more entries in the series from here on out—pivoting the Master Chief’s escapades into a “games as a service” model?
Whatever it is, we do know you’ll be back to killing aliens with plenty of classic weapons—and a few new ones as well. Here are all weapons currently confirmed to be in Halo Infinite.
- Assault Rifle
- This classic dates all the way back to the first in the series, Halo: Combat Evolved. It isn’t exactly the most “evolved” gun we could imagine—it’s your standard machine gun —but that familiar rattling thud as it sprays 36 bullets in quick succession is sweet nostalgic music to our ears.
- Battle Rifle
- Another classic weapon, the BR55 Battle Rifle appears to be making a return as well.
- Pulse Carbine
- A twist on an old, alien favorite, this new version of the carbine is capable of firing at a faster rate, with three round bursts. Nevertheless, it still has that great pew-pew sound effect.
- VK78 Commando
- This scoped rifle is a new weapon to the Halo universe, but it looks as satisfying as all the others.
- Plasma Pistol
- It would not be a Halo game if there weren’t some little Grunts running around with these pea-shooters. Looks like they’re back in full “force” here.
- MK50 Sidekick
- The Sidekick isn’t exactly the same as the classic M6G, but we’re holding out hope it is still a head-shot machine.
- This brand new addition to the Halo arsenal looks kind of like a sci-fi revolver. We’re not complaining.
- Ah, the Needler. It looks wicked cool and blows folks up after piercing them with enough needles. What more could you ask for?
- CQS48 Bulldog
- It might be new to the Halo armory, but there’s only so much you can do to innovate with a shotgun. This is a shotgun. There is a good chance it will be pretty useful at doing what shotguns do.
- This new plasma-rocket launcher looks like it will do what rocket launchers do (blow things up), while also featuring a pretty nifty bayonet type device at its front.
- Energy sword
- Who said you shouldn’t bring a sword to a gunfight? So long as you can lunge with this murder-machine, we think it will do just fine.
There you have it—there are sure to be more weapons revealed down the road, but so far it looks like a good mix of new weapons with old favorites.