Battlefield 2042 is doing away with the standard class system of previous titles, bringing in Specialists instead. While specialist are all suited to specific roles, their loadouts have a lot freedom that will allow players to build to suit their own play-style.
All Specialists will have their own gadget and trait that is only used by that Specialist, and the game will launch with 10 Specialists in total. The different Specialists will largely fall into groups of support, assault, engineers, and recons which will all be very familiar to series veterans. They can use any primary weapons, secondary weapon, and grenades that they wish, and none of the primary weapons will be locked to a specific type of Specialist.
We have information on four of the upcoming Specialists below, and will add more as soon as EA makes more information available.
All the Specialist in Battlefield 2042
- Nationality: Canadian
- Class: Assault
- Gadget: Grappling Hook
- Trait: Nimble – increased agility when aiming and zip lining.
- Nationality: German
- Class: Support
- Gadget: S21 Syrette Pistol
- Trait: Combat Surgeon – can revive players to full health.
Pyotr “Boris” Guskovsky
- Nationality: Russian
- Class: Engineer
- Gadget: SG-36 Sentry Gun
- Trait: Sentry Operator – as long as Pyotr is near his Sentry Gun is will have increase efficiency.
Wikus “Casper” Can Daele
- Nationality: South African
- Class: Recon
- Gadget: OV-P Recon Drone
- Trait: Movement Sensor – will help pick up incoming threats like enemies flanks.