Mr. Rime, the evolved form of Galarian Mr. Mime is a unique Pokémon, and you can capture it in Pokémon Go. You’ll have to be a little creative with this choice, and the overall stats for Mr. Rime make it a great aggressive option.
Mr. Rime is an Ice and Psychic-type Pokémon. It’s weak to Bug, Dark, Ghost, Fire, Steel, and Rock-type attacks, but it’s resistant to Psychic and Ice-type moves. It has a maximum CP of 3,196, an attack of 212, a defense of 179, and stamina of 190. While it’s maximum CP is closer to 3,000, most trainers won’t reach this high level, so it’s a better choice to use it in the Ultra League.
These are all of the moves Mr. Rime can learn.
- Confusion (Psychic-type) – 16 damage and 3 energy (4 damage per turn)
- Ice Shard (Ice-type) – 9 damage and 3.3 energy (3 damage per turn)
- Zen Headbutt (Psychic-type) – 8 damage and 2 energy (2.6 damage per turn)
- Ice Punch (Ice-type) – 55 damage and 40 energy
- Icy Wind (Ice-type) – 60 damage and 45 energy (100% chance to lower opponent’s attack by one rank)
- Psybeam (Psychic-type) – 70 damage and 60 energy
- Psychic (Psychic-type) – 90 damage and 55 energy (10% chance to lower opponent’s defense by one rank)
Mr. Rime has some truly excellent moves that make it an excellent option for anyone looking for a solid Ice and Psychic-type Pokémon. For your fast move choice, you want to go with ice shard. It has a little over half of confusion’s damage, but the amount of energy makes up for it, ensuring you can use Mr. Rime’s abilities fairly often.
For your next option, you want to consider adding ice punch as Mr. Rime’s first charge attack. It’s a quick attack, and you can expect to use it frequently enough to cause a lot of trouble for your opponent. For players keen on having type diversity in Mr. Rimes moveset, the next option is to use psychic. It has some solid damage and only costs 10 more energy than icy wind, and it’s cheaper than psybeam by five points but offers 20 additional damage.
Overall, Mr. Rime is a solid choice for the Ultra League. Players will want to line up to try and add this Pokémon to their roster while they can. Galarian Mr. Mime makes its debut during its ticketed event, so make sure to capture as many as you can to evolve it into a Mr. Rime. The best moveset you can use is ice shard for its fast move, and then ice punch and psychic for its charge moves.