In a recent system update, Sony allowed users to upgrade from Sub Account to Master Account for users who turn the legal age of 18 years. These changes made through the update allow users to upgrade from PS3 or PS Vita Sub Account to PS4 Master Account.
The key features of this new update are users who used the sub accounts can now have full control over their own master account, manage online ID, trophies, and friends.
Also, the progress of the games which you played from your sub-accounts can be carried forward to the master account, and users can make their own payments.
How to Create PS4 Sub Account:
Below are the steps to create Sub Account on PlayStation App, PlayStation Store and through Sony Entertainment Network website.
How To Create Sub Account through PlayStation App
- In PlayStation App tap on PlayStation Store icon on the Home Screen.
- Tap on Online ID and then Tap on Account Settings. Create a Sub Account by filling up all the details.
How To Create Sub Account through PlayStation Store
- Visit PlayStation Store and Sign in with your Online ID.
- Next on the top of the page look for Account Settings.
- Follow the same procedure to fill up a form and create a Sub Account.
How To Create Sub Account through Account Management Website – Sony Entertainment Network
- Visit Account Management Website – SEN
- Go to the Account Tab, look for Sub Account on Left side. Under Sub Account Summary click on Create Sub Account.
- Fill up the details and accept the terms and conditions. Click I Agree, Continue in the end.
- Add your monthly spending limit on the account. You can also enable and disable Chat.
- You might get an email for confirmation, click the click within 24 hours or else the verification will expire and you have to do everything from start.
- After clicking on verification link your account is created and you will get a confirmation message.
- You have to upgrade the account so that the new Sub-Holder account holder can sign-in on PlayStation. So visit SEN, and sign-in, then go to Devices Tab > PlayStation System from the left.
- Click on Update Account and add your Name, Security Question and click on Continue.
- Fill your Address and click on Continue.
How to Upgrade from Sub Account to PS4 Master account
As soon as a child turns 18, there will be a notification in their PSN account for Upgrading to an Adult Family Member. Just go to Settings > Account Management > Account Information > Upgrade Your Account. You have to verify details click Continue and follow the instructions.
The process to go to Account Management is similar as mentioned above and you can do this through PlayStation App, PlayStation Store and Account Management Website.
Why should you upgrade to your Sub-Account?
By upgrading to Master Account you can get all your trophies and friends. Also, you don’t have to use any different Online ID. You will also get your games, music, videos, and services. You can now fund your own wallet.