Netherite is a new high-level material that was added to Minecraft in Snapshot 20W06A and will be coming to the main game in update 1.16. It can be found in the Nether, and is used to upgrade diamond gear.
How to make Netherite
To make Netherite, you must first mine Ancient Debris in the lower depths of the Nether. Ancient Debris is a brown colored block, with greyish highlights, and a spiral pattern on the top of the block. It can only be mined with Diamond Pickaxe or better.
Ancient Debris can be refined into Netherite Scrap in a Furnace or Blast Furnace. When it has been refined, you can combine four Nether Scrap with four Gold Infots in a crafting table to produce one Netherite Ingot.
Effects of Netherite
- Netherite items float in lava, allowing you to recover your items from lava
- Netherite items have higher enchantment value than diamond (but not as high as gold)
- Netherite tools work faster and last longer than diamond
- Netherite weapons do more damage than diamond
- Netherite armor have higher toughness and durability than diamond
- Netherite armor gives you knockback resistance, so you barely get knocked back at all when hit by arrows
This is everything we know about Netherite at the moment, but we will continue to update this article as we learn more about it.